Staples Better Binder

Discussion in 'General Education' started by msj5ny, Sep 13, 2014.

1. msj5ny

msj5ny Rookie

Sep 13, 2014

I love binders and I had a coupon for 30% off Staples Better Binders. So I finally went out and got one after hearing so much about how great these binders are. I must say, I am not really impressed. I like the color and I can see that they're durable but I am not a fan of the inner diagonal pockets. They don't seem sturdy and the corner of my papers are not covered since there is a cutout in the corner of the plastic pocket. I'm hoping that I don't miss the back view pocket since there isn't one like on the Avery.

I'm going to try it anyway, and if it doesn't grow on me, I'll find another use for it.

I really wanted to love it like everyone else, but I guess I'm just an oddball. Am I the only one?

Yes, I know I'm weird for posting about a binder :blush: but thanks for reading! :lol:

Edited to add: I think this binder has to go. The back diagonal pocket isn't really accessible because it's too close to the ring. :unsure:

3. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Sep 13, 2014

I had to Google it to see what you were talking about, but I recognize them. Students who use them always by the middle of the year have the plastic peeling off from the inside, so the pocket essentially becomes useless.

This happens on regular binders too though, so, I guess I'm ambivalent about them.

4. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Sep 14, 2014

The Avery Heavy Duty binders have lasted a few years at my house with my own children. The Durable ones, not so much.

I have a binder at school that I've used for at least six years. It is 1 1/2" wide and I'd love to find a larger version of it. It opens with one finger and the rings' teeth match perfectly when it closes. But I can't even find a brand name on the thing :(

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 14, 2014

I have lots of binders of all different brands and price levels (though I tend to go for less expensive ones unless I can't deny the cover design), none of them have issues ... perhaps I don't use them as often as others?

6. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Sep 14, 2014

They're all my kids have used for years because the actual binding is rubberized and seems to offer better protection.