Staples - 59 cent binders

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MelissainGA, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Aug 2, 2010

Does anyone know if they are holding to the "limit 3 per household" on the binders if you are a teacher? I need a class set of the binders since it appears to have been left off of the supply list and it's an organizational must (I have tried to not use it before and they just didn't stay half as organized). I didn't want to drive all the way over there unless the limit was waved for teachers.

3. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Aug 2, 2010

Some teachers on this forum have said some of the stores give teachers a 25 limit. I just went yesterday and I was given a limit of 10. I have a feeling that it's up to each store's manager to decide.

4. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Aug 2, 2010

My store allows 25 to teachers. I think Marci may be right; it's up the manager.

5. Bumble

Bumble Groupie

Aug 2, 2010

I think the Staples around here hates teachers because every time I go in there and get 25 penny items they always give me attitudes. I'm pretty sure the limit on the binders is the same as any other costumer around here. :(

6. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Aug 2, 2010

I feel the same way Bumble. The store manager was giving me a hard time when I asked him if I could also increase the limit on other items on sale and he told me that I could only exceed the limit on one item on sale. He kept going on and on about how the store loses revenue on these items.

I honestly don't think they lose money on these sales since this a big promotion that brings in many customers who end up buying more things than just items on sale. Why would they have these sales if they knew they were going to lose money?