What are some practices some of you all do to ensure your kids’ grades primarily reflect content knowledge or level of mastery? I believe grades should reflect content knowledge. In most of my classes, homework is weighted at 10% of the grade, while the quiz and test weights, which better reflect content knowledge, make up the other 90%. If a student does poorly on a quiz or test, they may retake a similar one for credit, up to a set deadline. I believe these policies ensure the grade best reflects content knowledge while still complying with the ABCDF percent grading system. Another teacher with whom I have worked graded everything on a scale of 1-4 (based on mastery of the standard). A lot of students didn’t like that because there was no wiggle room between a 75%C (3/4) and a 100%A (4/4). But he stuck with it (with guarded support from admin) and also had kids redo things that did not indicate mastery; the percent grades eventually balanced out in the end to what kids are more used to. One consideration I am thinking for my AP Stats class is to give my students the free response portion of my test, grade each part of it based on a rubric of E (Essentially correct), P (Partually correct), and I (Incorrect) as I already do, but then give them back the next day with the scored rubrics so they can see where they did not meet the expectation and attempt to correct it. What are some practices some of you all do to ensure your kids’ grades primarily reflect content knowledge or level of mastery?