spring semester is almost here

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by boogaboo214, Jan 10, 2006.

1. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Jan 10, 2006

i am very excited to get into the spring semester.:) any one else redy to go. i love school it has new meaning when you dont start until you are 20 and have a family to provide for
    :D

3. MrsCAD

MrsCAD Companion

Jan 11, 2006

My Spring Semester started 2 days ago and now I am student teaching, so I was really looking forward to it!

Have a GREAT semester!!!:)

4. hatima

hatima Devotee

Jan 11, 2006

I resume student teaching on Tuesday the 17th. I will be student teaching every day until May. But on the 23 my ED Psyc class starts, and the 25th seminar starts back. I'm nervous for the psyc class, everyone who already took it said it was hard. (classroom psychology).
    But I'm still looking forward to it. I'm excited to graduate in May.

5. kermy

kermy Companion

Jan 12, 2006

Same here..may is looking mighty nice right now!!! I don't start my studnet teaching until the 23 and it's 40 mins. away..which totally sucks! but hopefully it'll be exciting.

6. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Jan 12, 2006

hatima, ed psyc. is great. if you're student teaching, you should have already had theory classes. The theorists should be familiar to you. Good luck with student teaching and taking a class (we're not allowed to except for seminar class for ST.

7. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Jan 12, 2006

I start on the 17th as well. I've already put together my binder with everything in it. I'm raring to go.

Boogaboo, I didn't start back to school until a few years ago (i'm 45). It does have a different meaning but if you're a mom, working with children is a natural...the teaching stuff comes easy.

Good luck to all of us.

8. hatima

hatima Devotee

Jan 12, 2006

kermy, thats about how far away my student teaching school is too.

teacherece, UNM has us taking theory while we student teach. The last ED Psyc class I took (Human Development) was with a teacher who was too busy telling us about her adult cases (without revealing identifying information) to tell us what we needed to know about development and life stages. My old advisor at UNM told me three semesters ago that I could not take the class because it was only for final semester student teachers. This class should have been taken before our first semester of student teaching spring 2005. I remember some of the theorists from PSY 105, and the text seems to be OK Educational Psychology: Windows on Classrooms by Paul Eggen and Don Kauchak. I also bought the study guide.

Lucky I wish we didn't have seminar. This semester they are supposed to help us write a PPD. I wish our "seminar" was just workshoping at the school and working on the community the university wants us to build with the school: faculty, staff, and community.

9. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Jan 12, 2006

wOW, you have to ST, take a theory class and have a seminar class? How in the world can you do all that?

How many student teaching semesters do you have? More than one?

10. hatima

hatima Devotee

Jan 13, 2006

We have three semesters of student teaching. Our first is one day and mostly observation with a few assignments from theory classes. The second semester is a day in a half, were we are supposed to teach and do theory assignments with students in the classroom. The final semester is five days plus the ed psyc class. All three semesters we have a two an a half hour seminar every week. It is a pain.
    We do our full assumption in April, but we have to have all our lesson plans done and approved by our seminar teacher in March. The real pain is, seminar directly interferes with the time our teachers plan. The school I am at the fifth grade teacher are all parents and can't easily change their planning day to a different day or time. So basically I'm not sure how much of the planning I can do when I can't go to the collaboration meetings our teachers have.
    The Principal isn't happy at the school I'm at or any of the other schools that we will miss the Wednesday training workshops. She wants me to talk to my teacher about it. I think I'll suggest to my teacher that we all have one Wednesday a month to go to the collaboration and training that the school has.

11. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Jan 14, 2006

i am taking edu phsy this semester that is the only one i am really worried about taking. luckily i have 3 of my friends i made last semester in there with me