Spring Break!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 13, 2010

So, when's everyone's spring break & what are you going to do? :)

It's the 22nd - 26th for me! Hopefully, I'll spend a fun shopping & lunch day w/ a friend. Also...

- dine out
    - go to the movies
    - go to the gym
    - re-store things & save more space in my bedroom
    - do taxes

(no more amusement parks for a while since I went to Knott's Berry Farm & Universal Studios w/i a couple of wks of ea other!)

3. ChicagoTeach

ChicagoTeach Rookie

Mar 13, 2010

Going to the gym too! Need to get back into my gym rat mentality. Plan to do lunch a few times, go to the IMAX for a movie, and be LAZY!

4. Major

Major Connoisseur

Mar 13, 2010

I've been on spring break for about a month...... and may extend it for another couple of weeks...:p

• vacationed in Mexico
    • invested in a couple of very good quarter horses
    • froze in Florida while visiting family
    • visited Fort Benning, GA .... shared lunch with a bunch of very dedicated soldiers
    • loaded my hand held gps with jeep trail waypoints (it's just about time for some serious off-roading
    • tried to live everyday to the fullest

5. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Mar 13, 2010

March 27-April 5. Back to school April 6.
    I am visiting family in the Chicago suburbs and then home-doing the taxes and trying to relax!! It will go by quickly.:)

6. Mr D

Mr D Comrade

Mar 13, 2010

Mine just started yesterday and goes through the 19th. I'm not planning on doing much but taking it easy. I bought a new reclining chair and it came this morning, so that should make it easy to relax! :lol:

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 13, 2010

We don't get one. We're making up 18 snow days. We were schedule to be out Good Friday and the entire next week, but we're getting none of that.

We do get out next Friday, as mandated by the state. We aren't even allowed to use it as a make-up day, which I'd rather do.

Everyone has state testing at the same time, yet we're 18 instructional days short. Yuck!

8. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Mar 13, 2010

Ours started Friday.

All HS staff (and spouses) went out for a fantastic dinner Friday night, it was a great evening.

I'm getting both dogs to the vet on Tuesday for their updates.

I've got an appointment with my hair stylist on Wednesday.

Remaining days, getting stuff done around the house that I've put off knowing Spring Break was around the corner. Would also like to get materials ready for the remainder of the school year.

9. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Mar 13, 2010

Ours is April 12th-16th, which seems like a long way off but we have a long weekend next weekend and again 2 weeks after that for Good Friday so that helps break it up a bit. We were going to go to Lancaster, PA, with my mom but haven't decided if we want to spend the money or not.

10. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Mar 13, 2010

Our is April 2-11. I will be in Key West for 6 days with my husband visiting his parents. When we are back I have a hair appt and a 1st birthday party for a friend's daughter. I hope to sleep, read, relax, get some sun etc...

11. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Mar 13, 2010

We have never had a spring break.
    We have a half day off for Good Friday.

12. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2010

We are going camping in the dessert - the wildflowers are supposed to be great this year. I would love to start planning for next year, spring clean, do the papers for the classes I am taking, do some painting, find a job for the summer....and many more things I doubt I will get the time for.

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 13, 2010

We are losing a day on our Easter Break this year (our "Spring Break" was a few weeks ago - Mardi Gras). Normally we are out Good Friday and the week after Easter. Because of LEAP testing this year we are out the week before Easter. (Mar 29 - April 2) I have a couple of meetings to go to, tons to do in my classroom, but at least one day is going to be spent just having fun. One of my friends that I teach with and I are going to spend one day just loafing off - watching a movie, eating too much, and shopping for baby stuff (she just found out she is pregnant).

14. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2010

I want to get to the beach this year. I don't think I'll head south to Panama City, though. I think I'll east to the Atlantic. My feet need to feel sand.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 13, 2010

At another district I worked for, we had 2 wks off for spring break!

16. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 13, 2010

In DH's hometown, the schools get two weeks off after every grading period.

17. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Mar 13, 2010

Rabbitt, were you also the one who goes to school until just before Christmas as well? I'm still processing that. And never a spring break?

During spring break I'll finish home projects, one being the landscaping I completed during last year's break which evil, evil moles have DESTROYED! I just think of all the hours and effort... :(

18. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Mar 13, 2010

Oh, need to add to my list: our first fishing outing of the year. Load the boat and off we will go.

19. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Mar 15, 2010

We are on spring break this week. I plan on going to school one day this week for a couple of hours to get things organized for new themes, etc. I also want to go to a hockey game, catch up with some friends, go shopping, and SLEEP! I can't wait to just RELAX!

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 15, 2010

I wish I could go to San Diego for the day & visit Seaworld. I haven't been there (Seaworld) in over 20 yrs.

21. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Mar 16, 2010

Going to New York for the week, we have a full itinerary!

22. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 17, 2010

How fun Hoot Owl!

23. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Mar 17, 2010

Its this week for me...Both from college and subbing.. Monday-tue I went to the beach(Got to see my sister get engaged). Wed- thats today I went to the gym this morning...Washing clothes the rest of the day and have to work2nd job tonight...Thur--I have to take my dog to the groomers and work 2nd job and Friday--I will go to the gym and work 2nd job.

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 17, 2010

It's so nice when the breaks from BOTH work & school are together!

Mine is next wk, but it looks like every wk starting this wk is going to be like spring break for me since I now only substitute 1 day a wk after just finishing a long-term (LT) assignment. Hopefully I'll pick up a couple more days of work before school's out for the summer on May 25th.

I'll be doing my taxes this wk.

25. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2010

Mine is next week. I am going to work on my portfolio (finishing my master's degree in May). Also have tickets to a hockey game later in the week. Other than that, I want to clean my house.

26. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2010

Two more days!! I'm going to visit one of my college roommates for a few days, and one day we'll visit another college friend and see her little baby. Other than that, I'm going to relax, clean my classroom, and finalize plans for the school musical.

27. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Mar 17, 2010

Ours is the last week in March/first week in April (just one week, but split months). The first two days will be running errands in the area and relaxing. On Wed. I'm flying out to see my brother and his girlfriend in CO, and my parents are meeting us out there the last weekend of my vacation. They will stay the following week, but I'll have to come back. I can't WAIT to see everyone. Dh is staying home, which is bittersweet. Sad that we'll be apart (I really do love traveling with him), but good that I can shop without him around... I'm also visiting a Reggio school in Boulder to observe for a morning-I'm beginning to see the value in networking among schools.

28. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 18, 2010

I'm heading to Niagara Falls/Buffalo this morning with Lauren for some outlet shopping. A good friend of hers will join us tonight-- her family is on their way back from Cleveland and they'll drop Katie off on the way--and we'll come home early Saturday. Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (do we need to have something other than cheesecake?) is on tap for today.