**Spring 2009 Student Teachers!**

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Sunny Teacher, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Sunny Teacher

Sunny Teacher Rookie

Jan 4, 2009

I know! Crazy, huh?!

I start tomorrow!! I'm so excited!

2. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2009

I thought the same thing when I student taught last spring. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll switch from student mode to teacher mode. It was an instant change for me...it was a very strange feeling not being a student anymore.

3. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2009

I can't sleep...I can't sit still...And an entire package of cookies just disappeared (I couldn't have eaten them all...)

I'm sooo nervous!

And excited...

And a little sad that I don't get to go back to work this semester. I'll miss my little preschoolers!

We have two staff days before the kids come back though, so I'll have time to get to know my teacher and the school before we jump into 'regular' days...

Deep breath...happy thoughts...

4. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2009

Thanks!!

:wub::wub:

5. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jan 4, 2009

Good luck student teachers! I wish I was in your shoes! Soon enough I will be though...:)

6. cait113

cait113 Rookie

Jan 4, 2009

In my EDU100 course I'll be starting (I am a college freshman), I get to "student teach". Although I just sit in the back and observe, I am so excited to actually get in a classroom and watch a teacher and imagine myself in their shoes!! :) It'll *hopefully* confirm that I am choosing the right major as I have been stressing over whether teaching is the right career for me.

Good luck to all of you!!!! :)

7. curtukgrl

curtukgrl Rookie

Jan 5, 2009

Today is the FIRST DAY OF STUDENT TEACHING!!!! I think I am more nervous this morning than I was actually getting ready for my first day of school.
    I need to be getting ready to go and getting my own kids out the door. I have a feeling there is going to be lots of days like this.
    But I am excited!!!:2up:

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 5, 2009

Have fun curtukgrl!!

9. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Jan 5, 2009

I know when I finally got to sit in on a class it really confirmed my love for being around students and just getting to share knowledge with them :) HAVE FUN!:thumb:

10. Joelg1980

Joelg1980 Companion

Jan 5, 2009

Good luck and best wishes for those starting today or this week!!! I start next Monday (1-12). 4 months to go.

Quick question: Any other non-traditional students on this thread? I am 28.

11. curtukgrl

curtukgrl Rookie

Jan 5, 2009

I am a nontradtional student. I am 33 with 3 kids. But I will be done in MAY!!!

Well to reflect on today's student teaching. My cp was/is out with the FLU!! Substitute found out I was the student teacher and wanted me to teach!! No biggie but I was so unprepared. I had to let her know I was more than willing to help out in anyway, but to teach, I was only to be observing. It is in the guidelines.:whistle: I so hate the guidelines but it helped me out today. Plus it let me see how I will not be teaching and what to expect from a sub. Nothing negative on subs, cuz I am one of those too.
    All in all today was ok. Just hope that the teacher is there tomorrow I need to know what my schedule is gonna be like.

How was everybody else's first day?

12. Proud Mom

Proud Mom Rookie

Jan 5, 2009

Hello to all of the student teachers here! I am starting my Professional Semester in January...block of 5 methods classes on MWF and T/TH we are with our cooperating teacher and students. I have several questions for my cooperating teacher - don't know what school district or grade level yet - However, I would love to hear what questions/comments you had when you first met your cooperating teacher. Thanks in advance for your replies!

13. Sunny Teacher

Sunny Teacher Rookie

Jan 5, 2009

Just got back from my first day of student teaching!!

I loved it! My cooperating teacher is so nice! I think I'm really going to enjoy second grade!

I observed a lot of the day, put some packets together, got to read the kiddos a story, and she even let me pick them up from PE. I think we're going to be a good match!

Proud Mom, A lot of the questions really depend on the teacher. Don't stress...you'll learn so much your first few days. Some important questions for me were:

What's your bathroom policy (for the students)?
    Behavior policy?
    HW procedures?

14. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Jan 5, 2009

I am 26 :) Are we non-traditional? That makes us sound old! lol

15. springmac

springmac Companion

Jan 6, 2009

I start Monday, January 12...

I'm so nervous and excited! My cooperating teacher seems very helpful. We've been in contact several times & she has invited me to her classroom today so that I can meet her and her students before Monday. I thought that was so nice of her. I'm in a 3rd grade classroom for the first half of my assignment. In March, I will move to another district and student teach in a 5th grade classroom.