Sports Valentine Party

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Miss W, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 4, 2011

:help: I need some help with ideas! Who else do I come to than my atoz friends?

Some of you may remember last year I did a tea party with my class of all girls (it was a huge hit!). This year I have all boys and we're going to go with a Sports theme. I'm hoping to be able to get some good post Super Bowl sales. So far I have a mom who has picked up the football shaped Little Debbie brownies, and another who has football shaped Oreos. Anything that is "homemade" must be made in the classroom.

Here are some of the ideas I have:
    *I was thinking of having the boys make mini pigs in a blanket. We made cupcakes for our fall party, which turned out really great. I had a parent come that morning to help out and put them in the oven downstairs.
    *Other easy snacks can include chex mix, chips, water bottles (which we will make cute, um... manly labels for).
    *Break up the boys in 4-5 groups. A rotation of some sort would be nice. It will make the activities a little more manageable if we could do this. I did something similar for our winter party and it worked great.

We haven't been in school since Monday, and I'm afraid we won't be in school much next week. I'm trying to get everything finalized in my head so I can email parents. Any help would be much appreciated.

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Feb 4, 2011

Check out the super bowl clearance. How about making dip and serving it with veggies?

4. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 4, 2011

Great idea. Dip is so easy to make, and I love the idea of fresh veggies.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 5, 2011

Are you looking for food, crafts, games....

I'm confused, you seem to have so many ideas already!

Could you do some kind of toss (a ball through a heart or try to hit the varying size hearts)

6. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 5, 2011

Crafts and games are the biggie that I need. Food I think will be easy, but I am welcoming any suggestions.