spelling contracts

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by new 2 fifth gr, Aug 29, 2008.

1. new 2 fifth gr

new 2 fifth gr New Member

Aug 29, 2008

Does anyone have a spelling contract from karrie 723? It sounds like a great idea.

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 29, 2008

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Welcome to the board!

4. new 2 fifth gr

new 2 fifth gr New Member

Aug 30, 2008

I read about them here. The posts were from a couple years ago. It seems that the teacher assigned a point value to different tasks. They might write sentences, copy the spelling words X amount of times, create word finds, etc. Karrie723 had offered to send the contract to anyone who e-mailed her. I was hoping to find one.

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 30, 2008

That sounds like spelling tic tac toe. It's where they have 9 assignments on a grid and you have to pick 3 items on the grid to make a line. It has to come from column 1, 2 and 3. It can be straight across or diagonal. That way you can put them in the order you need by column. (order of complexity or sequence).

Hmm...you said point value. I'm not sure about that. Maybe it wasn't tic tac toe. Hopefully someone else will join in.

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 30, 2008

I went to the top and looked at the member list. I didn't notice anybody with that name. Hopefully someone can help you out though.

Edit, I had it spelled wrong. Try this: Under the black tabs at the top you will see a blue bar line. Go to Member List, click on K, then find that name. Double click on that name and send a private message. If you look under the blue bar line you will notice that you have a private message area. When you get a message back from this person, just click on it and read. I have to warn you though, the person hasn't posted since July so they may not see your message but it is worth a try. If you need more help, let me know.

7. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Aug 30, 2008

I'm doing spelling contracts this year. I would be happy to e-mail anyone who wants one a copy.

8. ITeach4Him

ITeach4Him Comrade

Aug 30, 2008

I also have a spelling contract that I used when I taught 5th. I'll also be happy to e-mail it to anyone.

9. andrea_45

andrea_45 Rookie

Aug 30, 2008

Can I have a copy? My email is andrea_45@yahoo.com

Thanks

10. dxiechicken41

dxiechicken41 Rookie

Aug 31, 2008

contracts

I also have ones for each quarter. Kids love these. Send me a message w/ your email if you want the files.