Spell Check

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & FAQ' started by Grammy Teacher, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2006

Spell Check comes in handy! Spell check makes you sound smart!!! Use it so we take you at least somewhat seriously...please.:)

3. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2006

Grammy, weevh ben throo thiss allrede! Doughnt u theenk me smahrt?

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2006

Whell, yo ar purdy goode ate spleling, butt sum peple knead too us spelchek. I hav trubel wit gramer.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 29, 2006

I type VERY quickly and sometimes miss the typo or two. It's really strange when I end up typing a homophone for a word (there for their). I am definitely neglectful in not using spellcheck. OOOOOPS!! Take me seriously or not...

6. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2006

I do that too! I hate that when I miss those errors!!! When I go back and reread my posts and I see it, I will change it!!! Thank goodness for the edit button!!!!!!!!!:eek:

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2006

I make a lot of mistakes . I think you are both very good at grammar and spelling. I am easily distracted by really bad spelling and when I see it over and over again by the same person, I wonder if maybe they don't know how to use the spell check.

8. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Mar 29, 2006

Petunia

I enjoy sharing, but time is limited. I make my share of mistakes. If you see my name don't read the post. Spelling and English are my weak spots and for the record I don't teach either of these subject. Oh, yes I know I use both everyday.

I try to give support and encouragement to teachers on the board, especially those who are down and need encouragement. I don't believe in pulling someone down when you know they are trying or they would not be asking for help.

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2006

I type very fast as well, and I just can't stand not doing the spell check! If I don't, I end up editing and that takes even longer! I've always loved spelling and "used" to be very good at it. Now I find myself making a few more mistakes. It's not the end of the world, but I think poor spelling takes away from the message.

10. Minerva

Minerva Companion

Apr 1, 2006

I understand that writing on the internet is sometimes casual and that people type fast and make mistakes. (Mistakes are part of our human condition.) My concern is that visitors will have a negative impression when they see teachers ignoring capitalization and spelling. We already get too much bad press.
    Just a thought!:)

11. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Apr 1, 2006

Just a note... I have been contacted by some members who have a problem with their spell check not working. I'm not sure if it is a browser conflict, or what, but I am looking into it. If you have a problem with your spell check, please send details so I can figure out what is going on! Use the contact form:
    http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/sendmessage.php

12. Play to Learn

Play to Learn Comrade

Apr 1, 2006

I know my spell check does not work, because I have a pop up blocker through Nortons. Sorry about my spelling I admit I can not spell that great. Hey we all have a weakness. Bet I could beat you in creativity. LOL :)

13. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Apr 1, 2006

Ok, my spell check never works either. I also have several blockers installed on my computer. Thanks for sharing Play to Learn. Computers are a grand tool. We use it for AR reading, but I don't know many of the extras.

14. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Apr 1, 2006

The spell check doesn't work on our Mac, but it works on our DELL. Thank goodness it works on one of our computers! LOL!

15. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 1, 2006

I have blockers on my computer and when I want to use spell check, I have to click on it about 3 times and it WILL work, so try that and be patient.

16. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Apr 1, 2006

Pop-up blockers can also be customized so you can get pop-ups from sites that you approve. Otherwise, with the pop-up blockers I have used, you can hold down the shift key (or maybe ctrl) when you click on something to override the pop-up being blocked.

17. Play to Learn

Play to Learn Comrade

Apr 1, 2006

Thanks , I didnt know that. Haaa It works I just tried it . Thanks Amanda.... Grammy you will not have to worry about me now, except for my hillbilly slang. LOL :)

18. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 1, 2006

OH GOOD! I will sleep well tonight Play to Learn!

19. Play to Learn

Play to Learn Comrade

Apr 1, 2006

:D Me Too, Good Night Grammy