"Spanish in the Classroom" - Teacher's resource?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teachme, Jul 31, 2008.

1. teachme

teachme Rookie

Jul 31, 2008

Hello!

During my credential program, someone had mentioned a book/resource for teachers who needed basic academic Spanish phrases for the classroom. She said it was called "Spanish in the Classroom," but I have searched extensively for anything like that on Amazon and haven't found anything.

Does anyone know of a book like this or a resource similar to that (could even be teacher-created)? I have an elementary knowledge of Spanish, but I don't have the academic vocabulary to speak to parents about their children's progress.

Any help would be appreciated. :2up:

3. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Aug 1, 2008

They may be talking about "Spanish for Educators" from McGraw Hill. That books pretty popular. I'm a Spanish teacher and when I flipped through it, it looked pretty thorough.

4. teachme

teachme Rookie

Aug 1, 2008

Thank you so much!!! I think this is it!

5. mo60

mo60 New Member

Aug 2, 2008

Spanish in the classroom

If you are looking for materials to teach your students, try getting some TE texts on line. The Spanish I or level A/B would be useful. If you are looking for a way to communicate with your Latino parents, you can look on line for ENL materials. There are several which have ready made forms to use for parent communication.