Southern Nevada in desperate need of teachers

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ApplesnPencils, Jul 26, 2015.

1. ApplesnPencils

ApplesnPencils New Member

Jul 26, 2015

Hi all,

I am a third grade teacher from southern Nevada, and I wonder if it's known to those out-of-state just how badly we need teachers here. In Las Vegas, Nevada, they are short almost 3,000 teachers. As a new member, I can't post a link here, but a quick search in Google will give more details!

Nearly three THOUSAND.

And then I see other people elsewhere complaining that no one is hiring, and I'm just shell-shocked. COME TO THE WEST, haha.

Nye County, which is right next to Clark County where Las Vegas is, is in need of teachers. Fourteen elementary positions alone are needed right NOW, and School starts on August 10th. Search Applitrack Nye County to see the positions.

Our third grade team is currently in a bad position. There were three of us, but as of a couple days ago, one was contacted last-minute to take a job at the high school. Our third grade team is down to two, and unless we get a great last-minute hire, it looks like a sub will have to fill a long-term position.

If you have the ability to move, or an interest in the desert out here, I encourage you to look into these positions! We need great teachers out there!

3. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Jul 26, 2015

Wow. If I was single, I would move out there (or anywhere), but alas, I'm not. Maybe someday in the future? :)

4. CatfaceMeowmers

CatfaceMeowmers Companion

Jul 26, 2015

Ceasar is a teacher on here who introduced me to CCSD. I moved from AR and instantly obtained a job. I am still flabbergasted by how many teachers we still need.

http://teachvegas.ccsd.net/

I agree! Those who say they cannot find a job - apply now!! There's still time! We are in desperate need for teachers and you WILL GET A JOB!

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 27, 2015

Yep, tons of available jobs in southern NV.

6. Ted

Ted Habitué

Jul 27, 2015

I've heard this from family in LV.

I'm curious why. Is it because not many candidates consider your neck of the woods?