South Carolina

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by amyne, Sep 7, 2005.

1. amyne

amyne Rookie

Sep 7, 2005

Hello,

I am a student at Wayne State University in Michigan. My husband and I are thinking about moving to South Carolina when I graduate in May because their are no teaching jobs up here. I was wondering where you live in South Carolina and how you like it.

Any advice about relocating would be great!

Thanks,
    Amy

3. cmorris

cmorris Comrade

Sep 8, 2005

I'm in SC and I love it. My school is fantastic, but a few aren't (typical everywhere). I'm not from this area and this is my first year. There are still openings for teachers at all levels here. If you have any specific questions, ask.

4. amyne

amyne Rookie

Sep 9, 2005

C. Morris

Where in SC do you live? Where did you move from? I have recently heard that it is called the "Bible Belt" and wanted to know if that is true and to what extent religion is pushed. My husband and I are planning to come down around Christmas and I am not sure what areas I should check out and what areas to avoid. Your imput would be really helpful.

Thanks,
    Amy

5. KIF

KIF Companion

Sep 9, 2005

Amy,

I am now in SC and grew up in Michigan myself. I moved here several years ago after I graduated from GVSU. Let me know what kind of questions you have. I've never taught in MI to compare, but I'll try to help.