SOOOOO frustrated....

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by kburen, Sep 13, 2007.

1. kburen

kburen Cohort

Sep 13, 2007

*sigh* Many of you probably already know that I was switched last minute from 5th grade to kindergarten this year so I didn't get my own class until the 4th day of school. Well, being that I've always taught 5th grade I had NOTHING for K. I put in a $100 order with money from the school with Bender for items that I would need. Posters and art supplies for the art center mostly. I scrounged up some books that were mine as a child or a gift when I was in college (100 book library ranging from K through 6 level) so I have a few books. Was frustrated all along that stuff was supposed to be here like Monday (by the way I'm still missing 5th grade materials from Bender that were ordered on July 1) and they didn't get here until yesterday. I got excited that they are finally here and want to do my art center today to give the kids something different. They won't let me have my stuff yet and its out on the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still don't have my own teaching manuals so I'm using my copies (we get a set number of copies for the year) to make copies of the lessons from the book (reading is up to 10 pages a day!) so that I can even teach....I'm ready for this to be a FUN year.....I'm excited that I have little ones, I've missed them! It's just so hard to stay positive when stuff should get better and doesn't. Now I have to stay late today to unpack my order and get stuff together. I can't organize myself until that stuff comes in (i have the organization station in there as well as a 10 shelf mailbox for copies to organize). *sigh* And I don't even want to stick to my weight watchers today...and I weigh in tonight....i'd rather have the mac & cheese and fish sandwich that's offered for lunch!!!!!!

3. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Sep 13, 2007

I'm with you. This is my second year with my Pre-K program, and I got switched to a new school. None of our supplies have come in yet. We were getting the runaround for days before someone finally fessed up that the district never placed our order. We have been in school for 2 weeks and the orders still have not even been processed. I have 36 4 year olds in a room that has almost no toys, no art supplies, only some borrowed furniture. It is ridiculous and frustrating. My curriculum has not arrived yet either. I went through the same thing last year when the program was new. I spent over 1500 dollars on my classroom last year. I refuse to do it again. I am counting the days until I can stop dreading the kids coming in to "play" in the morning with nothing to play with.

Good luck to you! I had my kids cross their fingers yesterday that our carpet was coming (one of the few things that actually was ordered, but took forever for them to actually get it here), and it came in 10 minutes later- it was the only thing that showed up. Maybe you should try that trick with your little ones!!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 13, 2007

At the beginning of the year last year, four 2nd grade teachers put in an order for several items that needed to arrive before the start of school. We ordered them in plenty of time to get them. But alas, it was the day before school started and the items weren't there...some of them arrived, but not the ones that we NEEDED so we had to make a trip to the teacher store 30 minutes away and buy it with our own money!! ARGH!!

5. kburen

kburen Cohort

Sep 14, 2007

Picked up my order at the end of the day....All of my 5th grade stuff...NONE of my Kindergarten stuff!!! So.....9 days into school with a grade that I have never taught and no Reading teacher edition plus missing half of the reading materials, NOTHING for math, and still none of my ordered materials. They say in November my furniture will be here. Bender claims that my Kindergarten order will be here early next week but I'm not holding my breath! I'm having a break-down......

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 14, 2007

You wonder why some of these people are still in business if this is how they operate. Take a deep breath, kburen! If you have to, find a punching bag!!

7. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Sep 14, 2007

Have you personally contacted the head of your elementary education department? I was new last year and my principal him hawed around so I shot an email to her boss asking about it....alas.....I had materials in the next two days and he even shot an email out asking others if they were missing items. Sometimes principals don't do their jobs-ask someone else what the deal is!

8. JeffM

JeffM New Member

Sep 15, 2007

So sorry to hear about that. A lot of teachers in my district come to me when this happens, and I'll help you out too if you still need materials. Register on my website and I'll email you a coupon for 20% off your entire order and I'll ship it for free.

Good luck!
    Jeff

I guess I can't post links, so feel free to email me at admin@educatorsbookbag.com