Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Bella2010, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Nov 5, 2014

DH and I are so pathetic in the entertainment area that we've started watching television series DVDs after DS goes to bed so that we can unwind before bedtime. :lol:

We've watched Deadwood - only three seasons before being cancelled. :mad: Then moved on to Justified because we liked Timothy Olymphant (sp) in Deadwood. Justified season 5 won't be out until December, so we need something in the meantime. We were thinking about Sons of Anarchy. Anybody fans or haters?

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Nov 5, 2014

I've watched since the beginning. The season that is airing now is going kind of slow-probably because I really, really want to know how it's going to end. They've woven quite a tale. The creator based it on the story of Hamlet. It has characters that you root for and ones that you can't stand. I really like it.

4. HistoryTeach4

HistoryTeach4 Rookie

Nov 5, 2014

Sons of Anarchy is a great show! I would definitely check it out.

5. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Nov 5, 2014

The first episode I watched, I was like, no way am I going to watch this. But my husband was hooked so we kept watching, and I got into the character development. It's interesting to hear that it was based on Hamlet -- I remember thinking that from the first season or two, but not so much from the later seasons.

6. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Nov 5, 2014

Oh, and it's also set in a fictionalized version of an area not far from where I live, and other locales are mentioned/visited nearby, as well. I always think it's fascinating when fiction is based on or around something close to my reality (even when the two have nothing in common).

7. P Chang

P Chang Companion

Nov 5, 2014

I watched the first few seasons, then stopped. I've thought about picking up where I left off, but am way too busy and my TV time has been taken up with The Walking Dead, Homeland, and The Americans (although that's currently between seasons).