Songs stuck in my head

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by tamikins, Nov 15, 2009.

1. tamikins

tamikins Rookie

Nov 15, 2009

Does this only happen to me or is there other kinder teachers out there that are suffering from the same dilema?

I started noticing that i start singing songs we sing at school randomly to myself..while im at home working, walking, shopping, cleaning, showering etc i think sometimes i start singing on the phone!

Is this a common trait of being a kindergarten teacher?:whistle:

3. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Nov 15, 2009

Happens to me all the time. Plus, I have 4 kids at home who know all the words to all my school songs, so they sing along as well. Drives my husband crazy. :) The funny part is when HE gets on stuck in his head!

4. tamikins

tamikins Rookie

Nov 15, 2009

haha well sad for me i dont have kids or a husband or even kid siblings XD so its just me and my kinderbuddy singing together all over the place

5. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

Nov 15, 2009

If you even say the name of a song we sing, I have to sing it aloud. It's just the way I am. My teaching partner thinks I'm crazy but that's the way I learn and the songs just stick in my head...even years later.

6. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Nov 15, 2009

a tooty ta a tooty ta a tooty ta ta ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................20 miles worth of walking on the breast cancer walk last year................................................................................................................................................................................

7. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 15, 2009

If it makes you feel any better, It's not limited to just kinder teachers. I recently worked an entire shift waitressing while singing the quadratic formula to the tune of row row row your boat. I got more than a few laughs out of customers that day.

8. royalfamily

royalfamily Rookie

Nov 15, 2009

Me too!

Currently I have the turkey tango song stuck in my head several times a week! One of the hazards of the job!

9. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

Nov 15, 2009

Oh darn, now I have to sing it!! :lol::lol:

10. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Nov 15, 2009

Getting songs in my head use to happen to me a lot, but now it happens to me all the time and I go a step further and find myself singing them constantly! I blame it on HeidiSongs DVD's! :) We sooo love her in our classroom. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have to visit her web site. www.heidisongs.com. At least it makes learning fun! Thankfully, my kids don't seem to mind that I'm a horrible singer.

11. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Nov 16, 2009

Oh my GOSH! YES!!!!!

in the grocery store I sing the color songs. When cleaning or organizing comes to mind I'm singing the "clean up" song.

While waiting for pizza in a restaurant I taught my 54 year old friend all the songs and we laughed and laughed. but yes...i get looks ALL the time.

:p

12. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Nov 16, 2009

I currently have Dr. Jean's 'Lettercise' lodged in my head... I think it has something to do with the Rocky Theme she used and the final lyrics... "Wave your arms in the air and dance around like the WINNER YOU ARE!!!!!" :D

13. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Nov 16, 2009

Yep, ditto here. I get songs stuck in my head constantly. I recently downloaded a new clean-up, days of week, and months of year song from iTunes and I CAN'T stop singing them!!! I also get Heidi's songs stuck in my head all the time. It comes with the territory.

14. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 16, 2009

What is the turkey tango?

15. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 16, 2009

This year the two songs that are always running through my head and never seem to stop are The Cowboy Song and the Pirate Song by Jack Hartman. BTW my students sing the Cowboy song with out the music on.

16. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Nov 16, 2009

Yes, all the time. My husband always says that I can come up with a K song for any occasion. I get stuck on an old one--the alphabet and nursery rhymes sung to the tune of "99 bottles of beer" (you can make every nursery rhyme fit) and also, "A Sailor Went to Sea, Sea, Sea".... great, guess what I will be singing all day?!

17. tamikins

tamikins Rookie

Nov 16, 2009

hahaha =] im glad im not the only one im constantly singing songs we have this phonics song that is like the ULTIMATE stuck in ur head song even my kids who are ESl and barely can speak English can sing this song perfectly =D

18. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Nov 16, 2009

I went to kids camp with my church and another church this summer as a camp counslor (3rd graders-6th). This was in July and for the rest of the summer I could not get the songs out my head that they sing at camp. Oh, and the teacher who first spoke of "A Tooty Ta" song well that was one of our kids camp songs. One of the 4th grade girls in my cabins favorite song she got to lead it a lot of times cuz' we all knew it was her favorite.

19. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Nov 16, 2009

This is my 27th year, and I do it all the time! "I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas....."

20. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2009

Ok now that you have gotten these songs stuck in my head it's time for the i-pod for more grown up songs. Oh and by the way the minute I started reading the thread Tooty Ta came into my head. Thank guys!!

21. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 17, 2009

The PINK song I use is to the tune of Jingle Bells. So, when I am in stores this time of year I have the pink song in my head whenever I hear Jingle Bells!

22. teach2read10

teach2read10 Companion

Nov 21, 2009

We all do it

That's why those songs are such great teaching tools. I've given up fighting it. I used to worry that the kid songs were going to loop in my brain forever!

23. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

OMGosh.. that is the one I get stuck in my head. I only subbed in K (quite a bit), but I seemed always have to play that song when I was there. I sing it all the time...that hubby who's never heard it sings it to. I especially start singing it when he brings home apples & bananas from grocery shopping!!! LOL!!!

24. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2009

Here are some that are not only stuck in my head, BUT I sing it out loud @ school...:D
    -"Raise Your Hand If You're Sure"...Whenever I ask who wants more servings of anything I sing it.
    -"Feliz Navidad"...We are performing it for our Christmas program.
    -"Winter Wonderland"...It's one of my fav Christmas songs.
    Rebel1

25. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

I was in charge of our musical last year, and it had several VERY catchy songs that were based directly on common Bible verses. About once a week one of those gets stuck back in my head!

I also had the Preamble song from Schoolhouse Rock stuck in my head the entire time I was chaperoning the 8th grade trip to DC, since we saw the Constitution the first day.

All 4 of my music classes love the Alpine Song ("An Austrian went yodeling...") and request to sing it often. It's always fun to have yodeling stuck in your head ;)