Songs/Chants to teach letter sounds?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, Aug 16, 2012.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Aug 16, 2012

Can anyone recommend any songs/chants they use to teach letter sounds? I have noticed many teachers sing a song with their students as they point to pics on a poster they made (i.e. /a/ /a/ alligator, /b/ /b/ bug...etc) However, I am not very artistic & making my own animal poster would be next to impossible.

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 16, 2012

Jack Hartmann has one called "Learning Letter Sounds." I made a book to go with that one. There's a CD called "Sounds Like Learning" that also has a good one.

4. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Aug 25, 2012

I sing a song and point to a poster that mocks the song who let the dogs out.. instead i say who let the "a" out /a/ /a/ /a/, who let the "b" out /b/ /b/ /b/... who let the "c" out /c/ /c/ /c/. The kids love it and I get to pretend to be a rapper lol.

5. mandijyn

mandijyn Rookie

Aug 27, 2012

Dr. Jean and Jack Hartmann are both favorites in my room. I found a blog that creates powerpoints to go along with some of their songs- try a google search. You need to own the music- which is pretty inexpensive @ amazon.com cloud player. Worth the investment! I have also nabbed quite a few good sources from youtube and converted them with youtubedownloader to my PC for safe keeping. If you are fortunate enough to have a projector there are countless internet resources to use/create.

6. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Aug 29, 2012

I also use the Jack Hartmann "Learning Letter Sounds". It is available on youtube. Also great on youtube are Dr. Jean's Who Let the Letters Out, Snowball Fight, and Vowel Bat.

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 29, 2012

I have an alphabet line that has different pictures on it. Each picture goes with the letter.

8. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

9. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2012

Leap frog has a great letter sounds video The Letter Factory and our Kindergarten classes use the song from that, The A says ahh, the B says bbbb, with hand movements. Check it out! They learn it very fast.

10. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2012

The 2's teacher at our school has the CD with that song on it.
    They sing it all the time. It's so cool how they dance while they chant it.
    Rebel1

11. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Sep 8, 2012

Dr. Jean and Jack Hartmann also have DVD's with letter sound songs on them. Dr. Jean's can be pricy but my class loves it!