somewhat freaking out!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by missml, Aug 13, 2012.

1. missml

missml Rookie

Aug 13, 2012

Ugh, so as I've posted on here before, I have had 5 interviews this summer- 3 in person and 2 phone interviews. I got a call today for another in-person interview for Wednesday. I accepted the interview, but began to panic immediately. I don't know if I can handle being rejected after yet another interview. Besides that, if I do get the job, the school year starts the very next day after my interview- with kids- so I would have missed all the professional development days! I currently live nearly 3 hours away from the school, so not only would I have to get my classroom ready, I'd have to find a place to live and move! Not only am I worried about the timing, but I'm worried about how I will afford to move. I had applied for this job a couple weeks ago, and just last week it said that the job was closed. I never thought I'd receive a call for this interview. I know that the #1 thing I need to change is my attitude and go into the interview with confidence and a positive spirit. Therefore, I will take any advice, words of encouragement, etc. :help:

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 13, 2012

Don't put the cart before the horse.

Go in and land the job! Worry about the rest later. I'm sure they have planned for a sub to begin the year. There is no way they can rush your paperwork through that fast!

4. Cicero

Cicero Companion

Aug 13, 2012

Breathe! It is going to be okay. As has already been said...just focus on the interview for now. Getting settled in the event that you land the job will be stressful, but keep in mind it is only a little time of stress that will lead to a great job. Also, my county offers a "first day pay" salary advance for new teachers to help with moving expenses. Check if you might have the same kind of opportunity.

But for now... Be the best you can be for this interview! If it is meant to be, you can make it happen.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2012

Go to the interview, rock it, and worry about the rest later.

6. missml

missml Rookie

Aug 13, 2012

Thank you so much! Sometimes I just need someone to put it all into perspective for me. You guys rock!

7. Johari's Window

Johari's Window Companion

Aug 13, 2012

I agree with everyone above!!! Good luck!

8. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2012

Good luck! Go in and really shine. It's that time of year where jobs will start to come!

9. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Aug 15, 2012

Did you have it today? How did it go?

Sometimes I get discouraged after getting rejected, but everytime I get called for another interview, I start to feel better. I feel like its good practice and that eventually one will turn up with me getting the job.

10. DKM

DKM Rookie

Aug 15, 2012

If you walk into an interview and seem desperate, employers will steer clear from you. Realize that you are not the only teacher in a similar situation. Always keep your cool and be positive.

P.S. it is very common for teachers to be hired at the very last minute.

11. missml

missml Rookie

Aug 15, 2012

Yes, it was today. The principal got called to a meeting, so I only got to interview with the lead teacher. She said they were excited to interview me based on my application, and she said a couple times that I was doing good with the questions. She could tell I was nervous and told me to just relax. I'm still struggling with letting my nerves show through, but she was incredibly nice about it. They have a sub in place until they hire someone. She said they would probably decide today, but that they have to wait to have the central office contact me. Hopefully I'll hear soon! Thank you all for all the encouraging words!

12. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 15, 2012

Good luck! :)