Some views from my room

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by ChristyF, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 2, 2011

Ok, my room isn't completely finished, so no across the room views, but some areas I'm proud of:
    [​IMG]
    This is my corner. The curtain is one that my mom helped me make. A friend got the fabric for me. My windows are 52" wide, so she found me extra-wide fabric with NASA scenes on it! To the right of the window is our Astronaut Log-in. It's just a pocket chart with star calendar numbers that say "I'm here" on the back. When the kids come in, they just flip over their number. It's how I take attendance. The rolling carts hold math and office supplies. The folder stands at the top are where I keep my papers for the week.

[​IMG]
    Our TRIBBLES! The kids earn them by doing extra great things. When/if they "capture" them all, they earn a party. The Tribbles are just sparkly pompoms.

[​IMG]
    Our library rules. To limit it to 3 kids, I make 3 "Access badges" and they hang off the corner. The plane was signed by Janice Voss. She has flown in space 5 times.

[​IMG]
    Our library. The books are divided by AR book level. On the top right are our reading buddies. You can almost see the desk and white board to the left. That is my math exploration center. :D You'll notice the cap on the left of the short shelf. That's our brain cap (it looks like a brain). When the kids are struggling with something they'll ask to borrow it and they swear it helps them thing better! lol

[​IMG]
    My group job cards. I keep my kids in groups of 4 (or 3). We move every 6 weeks. These will be velcroed to the corner of the desk. The laminated card goes in their table's basket and reminds them of their responsibilities. Each team will create a mission patch every six weeks. We'll hang them on the wall to look like Mission Control.

[​IMG]
    Our chart wall. The one to the left is where my small groups are listed. The center is where they turn in notes, money, etc in the morning. In the top pocket of this is my "We missed you" folders. When a student is our, their face partner grabs a folder to keep track of any papers that they miss. To the right is the pocket chart where they turn in their papers. Each student has a pocket with their number on it, so I get to pick up papers in number order! (love it) You can't see it, but to the left is our "Lost Paper Galaxy". As I pick up their papers, if someone is missing that paper, I write in on this board to remind them. The bulletin board is for our computers. I have sentence strips to write out web sites that we will be visiting. To the top is our classroom rules. I couldn't find a rules chart that I liked, but found the cool space theme paper.

[​IMG]
    I'm so excited about these dishes! I used to keep my Base 10 blocks in small plastic dishes, well, I kept units and rods in there. Partners would have to grab a dish and a couple of flats. I was looking for larger dishes and found these divided dishes. They are awesome! No more having to dump the dishes out to get to everything, AND the flats fit in the dish! Isn't it crazy the little things that excite us? :D WalMart should really give me a commission, because like 15 of our teachers went and bought these after seeing mine.

That's it. I'm really happy with the way these things have turned out. I do have to finish clearing off my back table and getting the shelves above the lockers organized. Open House is Monday. Time to get busy! :D Oh, and notice the creamy, buttery yellow. So much better than the instituitional grayish-whitish-blueish paint that was up there! It was almost worth having all my stuff dumped in the floor for! :D

3. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Aug 2, 2011

WOW!!!! Very impressive!!!

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Aug 2, 2011

It looks great :)

5. xiangnong

xiangnong Companion

Aug 2, 2011

Very nice!

6. historynut

historynut Rookie

Aug 2, 2011

I love the tribbles and library!

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 2, 2011

Thank you all! I've been busting my tail on the room and honestly, when I saw it after they hauled it all back in, I just wanted to sit down and cry. (Ok, so maybe I did sit and sniffle for a minute.) Some people can take 3 little items and *poof* magically have a gorgeous room. I am NOT one of those people!

8. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 2, 2011

Thanks! I used to do BUGs (Being Unusually Good), but when I went to a space theme I had to find something else that fit. I got some great ideas off of here!

9. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2011

Love it! Such a great theme and you look so organized!!!!!

10. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 2, 2011

You did an amazing job with the theme. Looks great!

11. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 2, 2011

You did an amazing job! I'd love to be a kid in your room ;)

12. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 2, 2011

What a great room. You were very creative with the theme; it all looks neat and bright, too.

13. IEDUK8

IEDUK8 Rookie

Aug 2, 2011

What a fun room. Any fourth-grader is going to have a BLAST (pardon the pun). ;)

14. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 2, 2011

:) Thank you!

15. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 3, 2011

Very nice! I love the NASA theme. :)

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 3, 2011

Love, love, love the Tribbles!

17. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 4, 2011

Christy! SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) (Does a catapult) Did I see space?! Okay, I am getting nerdy now. I LOVE "TRIBBLES". That is an awesome saying. Would you mind if I used that saying in my classroom? Besides that, I have to get started with my NASA-related printouts... I am also lost in translation, in space. :D

18. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 4, 2011

Christy, I am always impressed by your photos. can i be in your class? :)

19. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2011

I like the pocket chart that you have them turn in their work. Do you remember where you got it and the specific name it had?

20. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2011

Love the base-10 trays! I have a bunch of those at home, and I never use them. :)

21. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 5, 2011

What an awesome classroom!

22. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2011

Looks so nice! I agree, things like this make us get so excited! I am liking my classroom right now, too.

23. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 5, 2011

:D:D:D:D Yep!! Space it is! I even have a few inflatables hanging: astronaut, shuttle, shuttle with boosters and BOT. We are starting the year making a spray painted universe together as a team building activity. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPIKS2lNNHk) As for the TRIBBLES - use away! :thumb:

24. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 5, 2011

25. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 5, 2011

Your room looks great!

26. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 6, 2011

Ok, it's almost finished, so here's a few more views:
    I had some green stools that I re-covered with red. Here's a before and after shot:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a couple of shots from the doorway of the room. In the 2nd photo, the FedEx box is our SIGNATURES FROM SPACE poster!! It came in over the summer so we are framing it to hang in the hall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my table area. I can't seem to keep the top of it clean right now! lol Everything gets dumped up there.
    [​IMG]

I had talked about my Lost Paper Galaxay before, here it is, along with the kids' supply shelves. The bulletin beside it is my AR board. The kids get astronaut cutouts that they decorate and move as they reach certain percentages of their goal. (The box is my graded papers. They are supposed to get those to store. The banners are waiting to be hung. lol To the left is my magnet board. You see the red frame and the magnets under it, that's where they move their number (on the magnet) to let me know that they are ready to test.
    [​IMG]