SOL Testing!-What can I do?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by clld2tch, May 9, 2010.

1. clld2tch

clld2tch Rookie

May 9, 2010

Hi everybody!

The end is in sight! For the next two weeks, our 3rd-5th graders will be completing SOL testing; which means that our school is at a standstill. We do not have any specials and are not allowed to go out under ANY circumstances until testing is complete for the day. So...what can I do with 19 kinders to keep them occupied and quiet during the extra time that we'll be in the classroom? Any ideas are welcome!:)

FYI...our unit for this week is animals (farm, zoo, rainforest, etc.) Next week? Ocean

Thanks so much! You guys have the best ideas:thanks:

3. Liljag

Liljag Companion

May 10, 2010

I don't know if this helps but mine are obsessed with word searches. I usually put out one word search a week and 10 seconds later, 15 will be working on it for up to an hour, trying to find all the words. I don't ask them to do it, but they always ask me every week for another one. Maybe one of these with your theme incorporated?

Building something might be fun as well...I remember one school I visited did a whole unit on great white sharks (drawing pictures of how they think sharks look, measuring how long it would be with their bodies, visiting the local aquarium) which culmunated in them building a life size replica out of chicken wire and paper mache. You could do something like that for your ocean unit.