Social Studies Praxis

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by tiki7719, Jul 9, 2008.

1. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jul 9, 2008

Hi,

I am starting to prepare to take the social studies praxis for secondary education. Does anybody know a good manual to use?

Thanks.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 10, 2008

You might find some useful resources on the Single Subject Tests subforum under Examinations for Teachers: use the Forum Jump tool below right to get there.

4. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Jul 10, 2008

I'm taking it at the end of this month, and I'm studying with a Cliffs Notes book that covers all the different sections and has a couple of practice tests. I thought I knew a good bit about history, but I'm really amazed to see how much I don't know! Good luck!

5. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Jul 10, 2008

For the Pedagogy test the actual ETS book helped the most because it is a different format than any other praxis i had taken. I didnt study for this one -- wish i would have -- but i would have used any history book i had and possibly my thinkwell presentations. The format of the test is very basic and like any other mulitiple choice test. Any book for content will help.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 11, 2008

You might check the resources here (http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=21014) and elsewhere in the Single Subject Tests forum: the CSET single subject exam in social science almost certainly covers a good deal of the same ground as a given Praxis social science exam.