Social Studies Newspapers

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by missapril81, Sep 3, 2012.

1. missapril81

missapril81 Companion

Sep 3, 2012

I am looking for a company that sells yearly subscritpions for the entire school year. I have seen other teachers use them and I can't remember what they are called. I was hoping that someone on here might have used them or know the company I am referring to. The papers come weekly and provide enough activities for the entire week.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Sep 3, 2012

Weekly Reader?
    Time for Kids?
    Scholastic Magazine?
    National Geographic for Kids?

5. readingrules12

readingrules12 Fanatic

Sep 3, 2012

Scholastic News is my favorite.

6. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 4, 2012

Studies Weekly does a newspaper for each week based on your state's history. I think that's pretty cool. I ordered their science weekly and wasn't so happy though.

I love Time for Kids and Scholastic News. I have also done Weekly Reader. Time for Kids is better for a high class, and Scholastic News is better for a low class.

If you wait part way through the year, you can get a discount! I did Scholastic News the second half of last year and paid less than half price.

7. SportsFanTr

SportsFanTr Companion

Sep 6, 2012

I've used Studies Weekly before and really liked it. I asked each parent to donate $3-5 I believe, and many sent in the $5 while a few weren't able to send anything, but this allowed me to get a class set. I'm not sure if you're allowed to request money from parents like this, but mine were happy to do it especially as they saw the papers coming home each week.