So who was kicked off American Idol?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Miss Kirby, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 22, 2008

Sayesha?

2. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 22, 2008

I agree Carly is annoying, I also think Brooke is annoying too! And I think she is going to go, especially after forgetting the lyrics! I usually like Jason but tonight he didn't do well. David A. is good, but the same every week. I'm bored with him too! Syesha did a good job, and David C. was okay too. I have no idea who will win! No one thrilled me tonight!

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 23, 2008

I didn't like David Cook's performance last night and was so surprised when the judges liked it. Jason has probably overstayed his welcome, but I think Brooke will go.

4. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Apr 23, 2008

I loved last night's idea but these singers aren't trying to be Broadway stars here they're trying to be pop stars. I loved that i knew every song though! HA!
    I didn't see Syesha's performance but I think she'll go next. She's been in the bottom 3 a lot and she's just not a memorable performer...

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 23, 2008

Agree... I like Brooke..Although I went to a concert & Faith Hill's song came on & she said OMGosh I forgot my lyrics & had someone from the crowd get her started!!!

6. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 23, 2008

Not a real exciting year! I did love watching it last year with Blake Lewis.

7. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Apr 23, 2008

Brook is not even in the bottom, nor is Jason. Its Sayesa and Carly, and they were both good last night.......

8. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 23, 2008

I agree last year was more exciting!!! This year, blah.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 24, 2008

I don't know if last year was more exciting with Sanja.... I agree with your comment about Blake, but it was pretty awful to have good singers kicked off and Sanja kept going!!!

I was surprised that neither Brooke or Jason was in the bottom 2. I thought Carly did well, but I think she was starting to wear thin as well.

So are any of you making predictions of who will win?!? I think David Archelledo (sp?) may be in the final 2.

10. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Apr 24, 2008

I think Cook and Archuleta will be the bottom 2

11. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Apr 24, 2008

I'm SO annoyed at last night's results... I'm almost to the point where I want to stop watching.

12. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Apr 24, 2008

Just my opinion but it seems that originality has gone by the wayside. Too many cookie cutters. The few that appear to be original, unfortunately are not going to be welcome as "Pop stars". I've heard that the ratings have been steadily declining, though not enough for people to stop watching such as me. :D

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 24, 2008

I've pretty much stopped watching--I may flip back and forth, and I always check to see who is gone, but no-one has really caught my attention this year.

14. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Apr 24, 2008

I loved David Cook's performance! That song always sends chills down my spine anyway, and I thought he did a good job. I was totally bored by everyone else. Jason is not that good, but he is different, that is for sure. Same with Brooke.

15. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 29, 2008

Does anyone know why Syesha doesn't wear shoes when she is on?

16. jenngugs

jenngugs Companion

Apr 29, 2008

ok, what was with paula??

commenting on songs the contestants hadn't even sung yet!

17. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2008

That was weird. Makes you wonder if they've got what they're going to say all ready to go...perhaps get it ready after hearing rehearsals.

That was a huge mistake on her part. It's going to cause a big stink.

18. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Apr 29, 2008

I think she got flustered with having to say all the comments at one time..strange ..but she said she was giving jason the next persons critique ...ya that was bad !

I liked David Cook and David A-- Brooks second song
    Syesha can go and Iike Jason but he didnt do a great job tonight.
    I think Jason and Syesha will be in the bottom 2

19. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 30, 2008

On the news today they said that the 3 judges watch a full dress rehearsal the night before so that is why Paula got mixed up. Because she actually did hear them all sing more than once. The news said they use their notes from the night before to make the comments.

20. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 30, 2008

Oh, that makes sense. Doesn't sound really fair, though. I guess they can't think that quickly on their feet.

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 30, 2008

I don't know how you could go on stage without shoes! Doesn't seem professional to me. :confused:

22. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Apr 30, 2008

I think Syesha has one of the best voices ever, but for some reason she is not "connecting with the audience." She doesn't do anything wrong, but there is no wow.

Jason was awful! My daughter and I think he is a doll to watch, but we were cracking up - how has he lasted so long?????

Same for Brooke.

You never know what will happen.

Paula really blew it, but I have a soft spot for her. I don't know what in the world was going on with her last year but it was really bad - I thought she must have Parkinson's. But she seems to have recovered this year from whatever it was, and she looks pretty good - except she really looks like she has had Botox or something. When you see older clips, she looks completely different and more real.

23. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Apr 30, 2008

I think we're gearing up for a David vs. David finale (sorry if someone already said that, I didn't read all posts). Whatever order Syesha, Brooke, and Jason leave in is fine with me! I think it's high time for Brooke go home tonight though (just my opinion!).

24. ABall

ABall Fanatic

May 1, 2008

we were watching last night, and DH asked if I could come on here to find out who got kicked off (because of the time difference)......... we checkd last year but not this year yet. I hope David Cook wins. I think he is the best singer and its very nice that he has his brother's initials on his jacket and his gituar. (his brother has cancer I think)

25. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 1, 2008

Well Brooke is gone and it almost made me cry when she sang her last song. She is just likeable.

Superteacher - is that your doggie? It looks a lot like my puggie-poo. The groomer grooms her like a terrier and she has that pretty silver hair.

26. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

May 1, 2008

I agree - I think it's going to be David vs. David. But you never know!

I'm surprised about Jason. I do like him, but he was just bad this week and definitely not the "American Idol".

I guess there won't be another American Idol from Arizona this year!

27. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

May 3, 2008

It is my miniature schnauzer when she was 3 months old (now 9 months). She kept running up to me when I was trying to take pictures of her and I always thought that "nose" picture turned out cute! :lol:

28. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 6, 2008

She is a very cute dog. Our dog has the build of a pug, but the hair of a poodle - very comical! And darn, has to be groomed professionally.

29. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 6, 2008

Is your dog a mix between a pug and a poodle?

30. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 6, 2008

Yep, she is called a puggie-poo, and as far as we know is only one of 3. A boo boo.

She has the build of a pug, the tail and eyes of a pug, but the hair and snout of a poodle. She is stubborn like a pug, smart like both (understands a large vocabulary), and is extremely athletic like a poodle, but waddles like a pug and has a lot of strength -built like an ox! The doc always says she is too fat for a poodle, but hey - she's got a hefty build like a pug! I feel sorry for her. Kinda like those tiny foreign doctors telling this big Norwegian woman I weigh too much - I'm like, "Yeah, I'm Norwegian! I'm not supposed to be a size 10!" haha

31. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 6, 2008

The Puggie-poo sounds cute. My dog is a pug/boston terrier mix. His mother was a BUGG but his dad was full pug so he looks mostly pug. They say he's too fat but he too is built like an ox and so cute and smart i can't deny him his treats :wub:

32. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

May 6, 2008

Ok, so what do you guys think, Jason has to go!!!!!!!!! I just love David Cook!!! I am even getting used to looking at him. At first I really didn't like the way he looked but he has grown on me! Sayesha did pretty good. Did you notice if she wore shoes today? I forgot to look. David A. was good but still the same as ever other week.

33. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 6, 2008

I heard she wore shoes at least for the first song. I don't like the barefoot thing! Yuck

34. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

May 6, 2008

I never noticed Sayesha's bare feet. Hmmmm.

GOODBYE, Jason!

35. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 6, 2008

I think he's hoping to go.

Is he really so oblivious to such a poor rearranging of "I Shot the Sheriff"?

36. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 21, 2008

Tonight is the last night. Who do you think will win? I think it's a toss-up.:unsure:

37. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

May 21, 2008

Here is what I think. David A. is expected to win. The judges really pushed for him last night. Well all season we have been hearing how ratings are down and the show is boring. So I think the judges did that on purpose last night and tonight David Cook will win. That will cause a lot a talk for some time to come. If David A. wins tonight then it is all over. The expected happened and no one will talk about American Idol. If David Cook wins then there will be lots of talk going on. So that is my guess, David Cook will win...I sure hope so!

38. sadundercover

sadundercover Companion

May 21, 2008

I hope Cook wins, too!!!!!! I hope the judges did that on purpose, because I thought it was so unfair and biased.

SPOILER:

Did Ryan just almost fall off the stage on his magic carpet or whatever that was supposed to be?

39. ABall

ABall Fanatic

May 21, 2008

SOME ONE send me a PM with info..............

40. ABall

ABall Fanatic

May 21, 2008

My husband said that its the SIMON curse, if he like someone then people votes that person off, he might know that now and really wants cook to win......... I do too.