So what did Daddy get for Father's Day?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Jun 21, 2010.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2010

I wanted to do something diffferent for my dad, so I made him a nice homemade photo collage card from WalGreens with pics of him throughout the years, a fill-up of gasoline for his car and a magazine subscription.

We had a great BBQ too - he BBQ'd :D and we "kids" brought in all the sids.

3. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jun 21, 2010

I got my dad a subscription to Netflix. He loved it. That way he can watch the DVDs of his favorite shows or ones he currently started watching once it's been out for awhile, like Bones, without having to buy the seasons, considering he'll watch them once. He was also excited about the watch instantly on the Wii.

As a joke, my FI got him a whole bunch of those frozen ice sticks that come in the bag. He LOVES those.

4. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jun 21, 2010

My dad wanted a magazine subscription so I got him that, a $1.00 lottery card (he won $10.00 on it), my sis and I took him for dinner and a ride into the country. It was a nice relaxing day :)

5. rabyoga

rabyoga Rookie

Jun 21, 2010

My 14 yr.old daughter took us (my hubby and I) out for lunch. She did try to talk my hubby into going to McDonald's-since that's cheap. My hubby choose the Elephant Bar(upscale resturant). She has never paid much attention to what each item costs. She paid the bill (tip included). The server was impressed with her. As was I. My hubby really enjoyed and she liked treating her dad. I think this will be a tradition from now.:cool:

6. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Jun 21, 2010

My dad is redoing the garage to make part of it into a rec. room/ workout room. His 'project' is just starting. So I got him a gift card to Home Depot. I love when he is doing large projects… I don't have to figure out what to get him. Since this will probably take him a while to do I'm figuring the next three gifts or so will be cards to ace/home depot/lowes.

My parents still live in NY so I didn't spend Fathers Day with him. But they had a BBQ, my grandparents went over along with my Uncle and some other family members stopped by throughout the day. From what I hear he had a great day.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 22, 2010

I made him a card like I usually do w/ my Hallmark card making CD-ROM program. I brought Chinese food home & will go out to eat on another day (we're not one for dining out in the hectic madness on the actual holiday).

My dad's so incredibly simple & from my mom & I, he got some sandals, denim shorts, & Three Stooges DVDs, which he watched all of the episdoes that day!

8. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2010

I sent my dad his card in the mail. For my husband, my "kids" got him a set of Kitchenaid bowls that he loves and wanted more of, Swedish fish (his favorite), and a book on turning bowls on his lathe (his hobby). We went to his dad's on Saturday and my mom cooked dinner for everyone on Sunday. It was a fun weekend :)

9. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2010

My sister loves giving my dad lottery tickets, too; he loves it!

I called my dad yesterday and told him a magazine subscription was on its way. Why hadn't I thought of that before? He loves reading.

10. SPECIALEDMAN

SPECIALEDMAN Companion

Jun 22, 2010

I received a cycling jersey

11. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2010

My siblings and I were all home on Friday evening for a fish fry--we cooked up the walleye we bought back from Canada. My sister gave him a picture frame and a t-shirt from the fishing lodge we went to. My brother and I are taking him to a Brewers game on Saturday.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2010

We tried to take him out for dinner Friday before my sister left for her camp job for 6 weeks. He couldn't go. Something happened to the irrigation or something. This is pretty typical in June with him. He doesn't even sleep most of the time. So we went out anyway and brought him food back. lol.

We got him to sit down 10 minutes to open his presents - a pair of shorts and some DVDs.

Then later, he sat down for another 10 minutes and had brunch. That's usually the best we can do for father's day. Whoever invented it must not have been a farmer, or it would be in January.

13. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2010

I got a coffee table book about Baseball and taken out to Dinner both Saturday and Sunday