So what are your preschoolers making for a Christmas Present...?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by McKennaL, Dec 6, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Dec 6, 2009

What are they making as a holiday gift to go home?

We have collected recipes from our kids. We will set their mom's version and their version right next to the other with a picture of the young chef in an apron and chefs hat (bought from Oriental Trading...we recently had lice in the classroom-so everyone gets their OWN hat!). Then we'll put them all in a book with that particular student's picture on the front of the recipe book.

What will you be doing?

3. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Dec 6, 2009

Handprints on the Plaster of Paris!
    I like your idea MK. My son's class did that one year but it was a recipe about what goes in LOVE? If I can recall...He had 1 cup of Patience added to 1 tsp of Laughter, etc. It was the cutest thing ever! The teacher had them all write it so the spelling was not perfect BUT I :love:d it!
    Rebel1

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 7, 2009

I did a recipe book with my 3's a couple years ago for mother's day. The moms LOVED them. :)

Last year I bought a whole bunch of those craft foam photo frame projects on sale atv Michael's, so we're making those. I have one who doesnt' celebrate Christmas (mom says trees and Santa are fine, but they dont' celebrate), so i'm making hers into a magnet instead.

5. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Dec 7, 2009

We bought wooden photo frames from Michaels and have had the kids color them with permanent markers and glue sequins on them. One of the teachers took pictures of all of the kids, and we're putting them in the frames.

6. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Dec 7, 2009

my class is giving their parents KISSES AND HUGS for Christmas. We are taking towel tubes and filling them with Hershey Kisses and Herhey Hugs. then they are covering the tubes with glue and rolling them across Christmas wrapping paper. We will twist the ends and tie with ribbon that they get choose. I will attach a cute little poem to it about giving them love for Christmas

7. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Dec 12, 2009

I love it!! I always make handprint calendars with my kids for the holidays, but I might do this for Mother's Day! How did you do this? Ask moms to send in their favorite recipe, and then have the kids tell you how they thought mom made those famous cookies?

8. Hummingbrd

Hummingbrd Rookie

Dec 12, 2009

9. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Dec 12, 2009

We're doing the Handprint calendar this year. I've had several moms comment on all the handprint crafts/projects we do - and how they love to save those ones - so it's the perfect year for the calendar! :) I too am already planning on doing the cookbook for Mother's Day - I will probably include a few of our favorite class recipes as well (for Gak, playdoh, etc.)