So true...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scienceteach82, Aug 13, 2010.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Aug 13, 2010

Don't know where I got this from. I was reading some old posts from my MySpace...haha...so 2004 ;)

Sorry if somone posted this recently!

"C'mon, being a teacher can't be THAT hard, right?"

BS!

To my friends in business - Ive tried something along the lines of.. (Ive heard it elsewhere and adapted it..)

So say you have a meeting tomorrow that you are responsible for. You are going to have 30 clients coming in, and you have to give a presentation. They are not particularly interested in your presentation and each have their own agenda. You will be interrupted a few times while trying to make your points, they will most likely argue with you and each other...and your job depends on how much they remember from your presentation. Thats just the first hour. You will be doing that six times tomorrow and every day after that. No, we cant help you with supplies, youll have to do all the prep and planning yourself on your own time, and we'll probably have a few meetings to discuss something or other every couple of days - on your own time of course. Oh, and the clients bosses will be calling in wanting to know the progress, so prepare reports on each individual - You'll have to do that at home. yes.. each client should be turning items into you each hour that you will have to respond to as quickly as possible - please take them home and read them, assign comments and return them in a timely manner - surely your weekends are open? Ok - thats about it - make sure you have a nice bulletin board ready for them - you can take your 25 min lunch now, but take the clients with you so you can supervise them. Good luck!

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 13, 2010

I love it! I need to make a little poster of that. :)

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2010

I heard it from one of our state senators who was a former teacher. He also added in something about doing this in a small room without a phone. He made it sound like a training job--a would you take this job description. It was memorable.

5. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 13, 2010

I am definitely making a poster for the office from this....so GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

6. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Aug 15, 2010

I like this! Thanks for sharing!