So sure I had the job...??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by AdamnJakesMommy, Jun 14, 2013.

1. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Jun 14, 2013

I went for an interview Monday and when I was done the principal walked me out and said I did a great job--that I would hear something by the end of the week. I did a follow up email Tuesday night thanking him and his panel and he replied Wednesday morning saying the Board meets Thursday night so he'd contact me Friday. He also said I was very impressive. One of the teachers on the panel's grandma is friends with my MIL and she said she was confident I was going to be offered the job.

Anyways, so now it's Friday and I still haven't heard anything?? Come Monday, should I initiate contact or wait it out? It's the suspense that's killing me of course--I know if I got the job, they will contact me--eventually---but still I want to know what's going on! No, I didn't get it or Yes, I did or there's some type of hold up--whatever!

I'm not too worried about a job because I already have one, but still!

WWYD?

3. teacherwithlove

teacherwithlove Comrade

Jun 14, 2013

This may not be the best advice but if it's 8pm and you still haven't heard anything then I would just shoot him a quick email saying you are very much interested in the position and you hope they were able to reach a decision.

4. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jun 14, 2013

I'd wait until tue am, you never know if he was out of the building today or what.

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 14, 2013

I'd wait until Monday.

6. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 14, 2013

Wait until Monday, I served on the interview team at my school and our principal is waiting until Monday to tell everyone.

7. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jun 14, 2013

I've been getting the same advice...call Monday :) If our contracts are not sent out on Monday then I will call or email HR!

8. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jun 14, 2013

It's a long shot, but check the board meeting minutes on the district's website. They should publish them. Some districts will actually have the candidate's name there and whether the board approved them or not. I know my dad's district does that. Mine just says "approved HR recommendations." It's a worth looking at just in case it's there though.

9. ksnooz7

ksnooz7 Rookie

Jun 15, 2013

Waiting is so hard. Especially when he told you about being contacted and no word. Over the weekend is the worst. Could be he was just extremely busy, but check the board minutes like Waterfall suggested...if they're posted online, best of luck.

10. AlexaD

AlexaD Companion

Jun 15, 2013

I'm in the same boat as far as waiting. It is difficult.

11. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Jun 15, 2013

I would wait it out.

12. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Jun 15, 2013

Unfortunately, they don't publish minutes--I've checked every feasible place.

I'm not sure if I will initiate contact Monday or not. Maybe I should let Monday go by, and if I don't hear anything contact on Tuesday? I do really need to know because my current principal needs to know if she has to post my position or not and start interviewing for my replacement.

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jun 15, 2013

I would wait until Tuesday...it will be hard, but do your best to wait until then. :)

And for what it's worth- my district doesn't publish minutes until the are approved the following month.