So sad

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teach123, Aug 24, 2007.

1. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Aug 24, 2007

On Wed. I had an interview for a K4 position. It looked really promising when half way through the interview, the principal said, "You are quickly becoming my favorite gal. We are looking for someone with your experience." He said he would let me know by Friday. Well, school starts on Mon. and I didn't get a call. I really thought this would be the one. (Again!) I am so frustrated and discouraged. I keep wondering where my place is in this world. I just want a place with my name on the door. I am so tired of LTS positions. Today I got a call to interview for a substitute teacher's aide position. Is that all I am worth anymore?

3. mstemple05

mstemple05 Cohort

Aug 24, 2007

nooooooo. you'll be fine. Did you try calling him? At least you'll get some sort of closure. If you feel you're in the right place, the right job will find you!! And it's not too late. Perhaps he just hadn't got around to it because school starts monday and there may have been something else that he had to deal with last minute. Give him a call. At least for you. Don't lose hope. You're worth much more than subbing all your life. (no offense to subbers, you do an awesome job). You'll have your own class, own desk, own decorations everything. In due time. May be right now, or later. Might seem like a loooooooooong climb, but it really isn't. I know it doesn't provide a "hey you're hired" for you, but i hope this helped you a little. Keep your spirits and your head held high. I'll keep you in my prayers.

4. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Aug 24, 2007

Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

5. tiggerteacher

tiggerteacher Companion

Aug 24, 2007

Don't give up hope!

6. cmw

cmw Groupie

Aug 24, 2007

Since it's late on Friday email the principal. The worst that can happen is he won't get back to you. Let him know you were hoping to hear from him today but figured he was busy with back to school stuff etc... :)

7. interart

interart Rookie

Aug 24, 2007

Most of us have been through the exact same thing! It's not you - sometimes the person who got your hopes up really wants to hire you, but then a higher-up shows with a favorite and... you know how it goes. Keep on trying even if you need to sub or work part time. Just keep going to interviews and being yourself. Eventually you'll find the right job!

8. rookieABC123

rookieABC123 Comrade

Aug 25, 2007

:sorry: I am sorry things aren't going very well...hang in there. It's awfully had to find anything in PA. I really feel your pain. It is so political around here it makes me sick!! I am so tired of reading about so and so getting a teaching job because of who they know or are related to.
    When one door closes another one opens....hang in there!!!

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2007

teach123, I am sorry that you have not heard anything. I had an interview at the end of July. I left the interview feeling like I had done an excellent job. The interviewers and I seemed to hit it off right away, unfortunately, they were looking for someone with more experience, but the principal did tell me that they enjoyed my interview.

10. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Aug 25, 2007

I know how you feel. I was in a similar situation awhile back where I thought I'd had a job, and that it fell through. I know I'm ready for my own classroom, but for now it looks I'm going to be subbing again. Its disappointing, but I hope that eventually things will get better. Hopefully, when the job that's right for you comes along you'll be hired. Just try to keep positive, I know its hard.

11. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Aug 27, 2007

hey you-keep your head up....these schools don't know what they're missing out on. i would turn down the offer to (potentially) be a sub. teacher's aide. that's not what you really want, and chances are it won't make you happy. i have had sev. principals offer me aide positions, and i've turned them all down. i have had my own classroom for the last 4 years...why would i now want to be someone's helper??!! anyhoo, p/m me if you need to. i hope you have a better day today :).

-meri

12. mstemple05

mstemple05 Cohort

Aug 27, 2007

nice meri!! :)

13. teachmepeas

teachmepeas New Member

Aug 27, 2007

I feel your pain

Where are you in PA? I am in the exact same boat. I am dual certified in El. Ed. and Spec. Ed. I also have my cert in MS English and I have a Masters!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's wrong with me?

14. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Aug 27, 2007

I am in Eastern Lancaster County. At the present time, I am working as a LTS for IU13 as an Early Intervention Teacher. I will be there until Nov. 12th. I don't know what I will do after that. I don't think anything is wrong with you. Maybe the Master's scares the school districts away since they need to pay you more money. Just a guess. Have you thought about a Supervisor position?

Meri, I appreciate your kind words. Today was a hard day. I feel like a fish out of water without my own classroom.