So Sad; sorry, but another Jon & Kate thread

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, May 25, 2009.

1. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 27, 2009

cmcd- wow those videos paint the dark reality that has been going on

2. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

May 27, 2009

Oh, I didn't realize they had photographed the woman there. I missed that big chunk of information

3. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 27, 2009

Not trying to stir anything up (if there is anything to stir) but why do people always apologize or seem hesitant to post a Jon and Kate Plus 8 thread...? Did I miss something...?

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 27, 2009

MissWull, there have been several lately.

5. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 27, 2009

Oh, guess I haven't noticed! I mean, we're allowed to talk about whatever, right? I understand if it were taking up half the board then ok it's a little excessive, but it doesn't seem that way...at least not from what I've noticed. Ah well. Thanks for the explaination STG! :)

6. Sarah5483

Sarah5483 Companion

May 27, 2009

I very much agree 100% with everything you wrote, and am glad someone was able to put my thoughts into words! I get so frustrated when people rip Kate apart and say things like, "Team Jon!" so it was refreshing to see your opinions and know that someone else shares my views on Jon and Kate!

7. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 27, 2009

MissWull, I have started about 3 Jon & Kate threads and the other two had a few posters saying really mean things, etc...
    Due to the unfortunate cirucumstances in Jon & Kate's lives, the threads in this particular folder are more gracious.
    :love:

8. KinderMissN

KinderMissN Companion

May 27, 2009

I think they are both realizing that this process (parenting and the show) has changed them. If I recall correctly, they married relatively young. (Jon was 22, I think?) I hope they can get their stuff together and decide what is best for their children so they aren't dragged through the mud for an extended amount of time. It is so sad to watch a marriage fall apart.

9. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 27, 2009

I wonder if the teacher is on our site----like the way I called it our site!

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 28, 2009

I was pretty irritated by Kate's referral to Jon needing "time off", and she was going to go ahead and go to the party store because "that was the plan". That may be true, but the show seemed to revolve around her and I felt like she took full advantage of that to get her digs in to Jon. Maybe he deserved them, but come on-that's not necessary. Does Jon get a rebuttal to that?

The whole party scenes seemed to me like they were already divorced. His coming late, showing up in a sports car, sitting around looking like he had nothing to do...and I was pretty appalled at the scene with him and Alexis, asking her if she missed him. That is not national TV/internet fodder-that is private, Jon, and you shouldn't have done that. Nor should you (all) TLC-ratings just aren't worth the damage this has got to be doing to the kids.

What else can I say? I see fault on both sides, but for me personally, Kate's crying scene was too little, too late. I can't hardly feel sorry for someone who has spent the last 5 (?) years belittling another human, let alone her HUSBAND, on national TV for all to see, and now is boo-hooing over her marriage's demise. I don't have a crystal ball, but...

And Jon? You're not off the hook either, buddy. Grow a set, and quit whining about how you don't/didn't want the show. I'm no expert, but surely there were 2 signature lines on that contract, pal. If you were against the show, DON'T SIGN UP. "Kate + 8" just doesn't have the same ring, and last I checked, you still had free will...

Those poor kids, especially Mady and Cara. If they haven't, surely their friends have (or soon will) googled "Jon + college girl" or "Kate is a b!tch", and gleefully reported the results at the lunch table.

11. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

May 28, 2009

Kate is a horrendous person. There. I said it.

She HAS ousted crews of workers and gobs of family members out of their lives. She has treated her husband like... oh my GOSH! (Want to re-watch it? check out the jon and kate "ugly moments" videos - video after video-on you tube.) She came to our church and started to treat our youth pastor (who was interviewing her in FRONT of the church) like she does Jon...and church members were sitting there with their chins to the ground. It was rude and ugly (The minister said, "Oh i get it, Jon's not here so you pick on me."-trying to make light of it/to save face for EVERYONE in a touchy situation... and she went on and on how that's how you have to treat men who don't think.)

The editing on this last show was VERY VERY much to put Kate in a good light...huh, that's not the REAL Kate we have been seeing for 4 seasons. But hey they want to keep ratings. Kate won't leave and they (the powers that be-INCLUDING Kate) want to keep the show's ratings up for another season. Is she going to be a b***h AGAIN? Not THIS quick. Her money train is looking like it might disappear!

Be serious! Mothering? She is on book tours and appearances. Jon has been doing the parenting without her...but God Forbid the show show THAT! She even mentioned at her appearance that she is away and Jon and the kids are doing really well on their own...when she comes back and tries to take charge the kids go-that's not how we do it anymore (meaning life is not so neurotic).

Someone mentioned about Jon talking to Alexis about "do you miss me?" or her saying "I miss you, daddy. Come back." THAT broke my heart. He is the only sane person LEFT in those kids' lives. The children LOVE Jon and fear Kate. (Re-watch the videos) I lived in a house where the kids feared a parent and it REALLY does terrible things to children.

I can't understand people defending Kate. She has to raise 8 kids... do you know all the HELP she has (and abuses and fires, and replaces)? She is FAR from being alone in the task. Jon does a GOOD share-while she stands/sits and barks orders and insults...and then there are others who willingly wanted/did help but who Kate no longer allows.

She will say that their social circle has gotten smaller and smaller, and all they have left is the body guard and his wife...and she and the body guard????? hmmm. (Oh and about Jon and the woman...not good timing on his part. PERIOD. But I don't think many people who watch the show can blame Jon for NEEDING an outlet - a way to blow off steam and be treated like a worthy person/male- away from Kate. And BTW...Kate is the one who called the marriage quits. And then offered JON a deal that he could do what he wanted -girlfriend-wise as long as he is around for tapings. So much for Christian Family values, Kate.)

Oooooooooo, I just can't stand her and the lies that the show has come to represent!

(And I feel VERY sorry for the kids. Jon and 8 would be a better situation for everyone involved. He has started to try to mend fences with both families, and brought normalcy back to the home while Kate is off....talking and being a b***h elsewhere.)

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 28, 2009

I really don't like the excuse he was young either. We were younger & still married...no we don't have 8 kids & cameras, but I think that is pretty lame!!! Sorry!!!

Using the parenting is pretty off as well to me. Yes Kate did quit her job to "raise" the kids when they were younger while the 6 were still home, so give her a little break. I mean Jon has stayed home the last 2 years when the 6 were in Preschool & now in K, so how much are they really home?!?

Needing time off... as parents I think we all need "our" time, but I think his timing was LOUSY!!! I mean he must have known the party was coming & planning was being done, so he should have just said you know after the party I need my break.

I do think that Jon was shown in pretty bad light in the first episode, but as they say he made his bed now he must lay in it. I think Kate has changed into a person who is "loving" the good attention & the money that has come along with it.

I think they are both at fault, but I'm not don't like the excuses that are being tossed about by both sides.

13. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

May 28, 2009

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 28, 2009

Interesting that they were paid that much. I didn't like that Kate wouldn't allow them to sign a contract with TLC, but this is a little low I think to go this way. For not being in contact with them for awhile & not seeing the kids (I read that somewhere) they sure have a lot of opinions about it. Plus, I find it ironic that they are saying it's so exploitive when they themselved had their familiy on their quite often in the earlier seasons.

It just keeps taking interesting twists doesn't it?!?

15. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 28, 2009

Money can do a lot of stuff to people.

16. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 28, 2009

I agree...I think that this has been building for so long that it seems like thier marriage is over. I liked Kate but why does she want to continue when all this is going on??

Also I watched the video with her brother and sisterinlaw and they insinuated that the vow renewal was basically fake and for rateings...how sad if that is true :(

17. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 28, 2009

As sad as it is & no one wants to watch a marriage dissolve (I'm sure some of us have), it could be a lesson for a lot of other people (not that's why she or they are doing it though).

Maybe J&K thought the renewal, may be that. It may help jump start back into "them", but sadly it doesn't seem that way!!!

18. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

May 28, 2009

Of COURSE the renewal was for ratings. Did you watch it? Was there any love shared? Even during vows all Kate (more than Jon) was doing was concerning herself about the kids being bored, that they should go sit in the chairs instead of on the grass... and how the kids had their hair done. it wasn't a ...I love my husband/wife celebration. It was SO phoney. Then to hear that just about that time kate was telling Jon that it was OVER and she wanted out (offering him the contract to live his own life-but keep up appearances)?

It was a free trip and a ratings pull.

Sorry to be so cynical...but I see through this show and this woman completely.

19. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

May 28, 2009

When watching the show on Monday I thought it was funny that they were complaining about the paparazzi so much. In a way, I don't feel bad for Jon and Kate because they put themselves in this situation. Think about--Have you seen any paparazzi pics of the Duggar family? No, because in a way they're boring because there is no drama. There is drama with Jon and Kate. If they want the paparazzi to disappear they need to cut the show now. They also need to stop talking about their relationship on television and to the magazines and find a family/marriage counselor to talk to. Like everyone says, it's horrible to watch a marriage and family dissolve in front of our eyes. This show was supposed to chronicle the childhood of the kids, not the separation and divorce of their parents.

Does anyone else find it odd that the talk of God and church has faded as time has gone by with their show?

20. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 28, 2009

I personally think Jon and Kate know they're going to divorce, but they're waiting until the end of the summer/current season to announce they're doing so. This does three things...allows the viewers all season to feel the anticipation of whether or not they're divorcing, allows the viewers to be left wondering what will come of Jon & Kate +8 come the announcing of the divorce at the end of the season, and allows TLC to prepare the viewers all season long for the possibility that the show, if Jon and Kate come back for another season, will change directions. Notice how the dialogue on the season promos is geared towards "family being there for one another no matter what." That's divorce talk! I think if they're divorcing, they will come back for another season because it will be ratings gold for TLC and lots of moola for the family, which is their main source of income. I believe TLC will be the first reality show to show a family in the process of divorce that has two sets of multiples. Not too mention that it's a show that viewers have seen the sextuplets grow essentially from birth to 5 years old. TLC knows viewers are invested thus far and they would be pioneering the way for really heart breaking reality tv.

How sad.

21. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

May 28, 2009

22. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 28, 2009

I love that movie! Unfortunately, I don't think Jon and Kate will end up with such a humorous ending!

23. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 28, 2009

Actually it's in my top five of all time.