So proud of my mom - please vote :-)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jenlovestoteach, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Oct 27, 2010

I hope it's OK to post this here because I am so proud of my mom. She has a mural/faux finishing company and was nominated for the Best of Long Island 2010 contest! :) Her website is if you'd like to see her work :)

Last year you guys helped me out with this and she WON, so I'm hoping you can help again! :)

I need your help because we want her to WIN!!! Every vote really makes a difference and I hope that she will WIN. She's done so much for me - this is the least I could do to help her!

Here comes the great part... you can vote ONCE PER DAY through December 15th (no more than 75 votes per IP address). So, please, if every person who reads this could take a second to click the link below and cast a vote for my mom (from every computer they have at home and work - oh, and your iPhone or BlackBerry.... I know, I'm begging lol ), it would be immensely appreciated. This one just takes 2 clicks of the mouse. If you are comfortable with it and wouldn't mind forwarding this to anyone who likes to vote or posting on Facebook, etc. I would appreciate that as well!

If you could please take the time to follow these simple steps to vote for her it would be greatly appreciated:

1. Go toVote Here in the People Category

2. Click CAST YOUR VOTE

3. It is going to require that you REGISTER using a VALID e-mail address.

*You DO NOT have to put your name and address in, only a valid e-mail address and to create a USERNAME. You can just put an Initial in the name box*

4. Once you are logged in, which takes under 30 seconds, scroll down to the sub-category "ARTIST/PAINTER"

5. Finally, fill in the bubble next to "Custom Faux Finishes & Murals by Debbie Viola - Massapequa Park"

6. Scroll to the bottom of the page, check off that you are 18+ years old and click VOTE!

Thank you!

Warmly,
    Jen

edit: took out messy html :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 28, 2010

Didn't you ask us to vote in this category last year?

On what experience would we be basing our vote? Doesn't quite seem like a legitimate vote if we have never actually had someone do work for us or other comparable experiences in the community...Just my :2cents: I kind of take my vote seriously on ANYTHING...given that it's election season, even more so...

4. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Oct 28, 2010

If we could post pictures in the thread, I'd be happy to. Since we can't post pics and it's art/visual, I gave her website. I'm glad she's not a restaurant, lol, because I wouldn't ask people to vote for food blindly :) At least with this you can see for yourself that she's talented.

Happy almost Friday :)

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 28, 2010

Since your post last November regarding that vote, we haven't heard anything from you except for one post in February...

6. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Oct 28, 2010

Wow...

I voted. Hope it helps!

7. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Oct 28, 2010

I search the forums and use the printables and themes for ideas in my classroom all the time. Life has been busy and I haven't had much of an online presence.

I'm truly sorry if I offended you by posting. You don't need to vote if you don't want to. Last year if I recall correctly when I posted there wound up being other members who were from LI, too, and had requests for votes, so we wound up helping each other out. Again, my apologies if I offended anyone! That certainly was not my intention.

8. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Oct 28, 2010

Thank you very much. I appreciate it :)

9. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Oct 28, 2010

I voted.

10. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Oct 28, 2010

Thanks a bunch :)

11. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Oct 28, 2010

That table is awesome...looks like real wood!

12. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Oct 28, 2010

:) So funny you picked that, of all the pictures.... She's redoing my dining room set this weekend once I saw those pics in her portfolio

13. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Nov 4, 2010

Hope everyone had a great week! It's Friday Eve!! :)

14. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Nov 12, 2010

Thank you for the daily votes, friends :) I truly appreciate it! :)