so overwhelmed advice

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by clynns, Mar 16, 2011.

1. clynns

clynns Companion

Mar 16, 2011

Hi! So... my school didn't make our AYP by just a couple of students. We are now in school improvement. My fellow teachers and I have truly been busting our rears. I have done everything I've been asked/told plus more that I knew would be helpful. Everyday it seems that there is something else to do or someone is doing it better and it's just never positive. My kids are doing extremely well but now I am expected to get the scores up in the other grades that I don't teach. It already takes me about 7-10 hours a weekend to get my plans done just for my class. I truly love teaching children but all this extra for being two kids short of making AYP and all this extra stuff is really wearing on me. Anyone else been in a similar situation. I feel like I never get to teach because of testing, meetings, and paperwork. :(

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 16, 2011

Sorry that you are feeling this way. Last year we were in a similar boat. Everything was about meeting on the test. Then we did. This year has been a bit better because we met last year, but we are still being pushed hard so that we continue to meet.

4. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2011

We have never not met AYP.... and yet this is how we are treated at my school. It's insanely stressful. I feel for you! Our administration tends to stress (not our students passing) but our kids getting to level 3 (Exceeds). It's ridiculous. I understand that I want all of my kids to do their best. But honestly, some of them, a Meets is their best. I feel your pain!

5. nstructor

nstructor Cohort

Mar 16, 2011

Believe me, I feel the same way times 100!!!!!!! You have no idea the stress our staff has been under this year!

6. princessbloom

princessbloom Comrade

Mar 16, 2011

We haven't made AYP the past 2 years and if we don't make it this year then district is going to get more involved. I've heard it's like a nightmare. I am NOT looking forward to being at work next year if we don't make it again this year. :( We are working our bums off!