So it's Tuesday

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dizzykates, Apr 13, 2010.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Apr 13, 2010

What are you doing tonight? How was your day?

I need to work on some games I am making for my students and finish reading for my class next week. I also hope to revise my papers I have been writing.

My day was good. Busy and we had an adjusted schedule, but all in all, the kids were great and it was productive!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 13, 2010

I had a free day. I did some laundry, went to the gym, got a green tea frapuccino from Starbucks, & got some groceries. The weather's nice here. The air's cool, but it's sunny.
    Tonight, I'm having a salad, noodles, & a couple of egg rolls for dinner. My BF's coming over after he gets off from work & we'll watch TV & maybe play Halo 2.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2010

My daughter is back home after a 10-day soccer tour--I'll be doing laundry and supervising some homework completion (until she starts to have a melt-down because she's so tired). I am also working on a proposal that a colleague and I have for developing some PD around the use of assistive technology in the classroom, and need to get some bare bones of that done before tomorrow.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2010

I am still tearing my house apart looking for a worksheet I treasure (but haven't used in 15 or 20 years, since I last taught geometry. ) I KNOW I would never throw it out, but can't find it!!!!!

So... I think I'm almost ready to concede defeat for this year. I'm attempting to make up something close.

(We're up to the circle chapter-- inscribed angles, central angles, angles formed by tangents and secants and chords. It's a HUGE circle, with 26 arcs/ angles to find. I got it a million years ago. I attended a computer workshop, and one of the teachers running the workshop started a math newsletter. The worksheet was on one of the newsletters. So it's not something I can download.)

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2010

You do know that you'll find it as soon as you finish creating something new. (Good luck!)

7. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Apr 13, 2010

Oh my gosh Alice!! I was on spring break last week and had everything ready to go when I left. I got in on Monday and my guided reading books were gone! No where to be found! It was so frustrating!! I hate misplacing things! I finally found them, after I taught a lesson my the seat of my pants of course...

8. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Apr 13, 2010

I´ve had free day!
    I love Tuesdays!
    I stayed @ home, surfed in the net, sent mails, plan what specific contents to include in the first English test, had lunch on my own, went to pick up my daughters from school, we had a snack together, organized and cleaned the autumn/winter clothes , it took me three hours, grrrrrrrrrr

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2010

Was exhasuted and cranky all day so I took a serious nap, BF made delicious veggie soup, and our old roomie came over for soup and brought delicious local beer. Now I am settling in to watch Biggest Loser and eat Oreos (i know, i know) and then I need to print out some tax stuff and get it sent in.

10. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2010

Fastchalk I wondered why you were doing fall clothes now until I remembered you were from the southern hemisphere!

I dragged myself to work - I've been sick for a couple of days but one of the budget cuts was no subs unless you are out for 3 or more days so off to work I go. We had a fun day but they were full of energy and I left as soon as I could to come home to rest.

I have 2 papers to do this week and definitely dont want to go to my night class tomorrow - sigh!

Spaghetti for dinner. Need to go to the grocery store and do the dishes and laundry I didn't do this week - sigh!

Unemployment didn't come for son 1 and son 2 hates his new job - sigh!

It's stopped raining - the garden is beautiful - my headache will go away eventually - my boss hinted she is trying to get the hours I was cut this year reinstated - 9 more weeks to go. Time to look on the bright side.

11. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Apr 13, 2010

I'm on day 2 of spring break. I'm spending it repairing a bathroom ceiling, slowly. Today, I planted some flowers, an herb garden, some peppers and tomatos (in a topsy-turvey). I'm looking forward to fresh salsa this summer. :)

12. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 13, 2010

Today was a long day. I received a new student yesterday. She is from Haiti and doesn't know English. I now have 26 kids and everyone was here today.
    I am stressed about our budget. If it doesn't pass next week kindergarten will become 1/2 a day and 85 more positions will be cut. We are already cutting 85 positions.

I went to the gym, my husband made dinner and now I am relaxing

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2010

Spring break for me too...Spent a romantic weekend in NYC with dh, yesterday was Bob Vila day with my dad and a mosaic tiling project, today was lunch with a friend and some general organization stuff around house, proofread the latest version of our district PD plan plus I tutored tonight for an hour. Going to go ride my bike and watch some TV soon...Tomorrow is the art museum in Philadelphia with my friend who is an art teacher- it's like having my own private docent!;)

14. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Apr 13, 2010

Have you looked for something similiar on line?

15. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2010

I haven't seen anything close anywhere.

I gave in and made up a replacement. It's not as good as the original, but will do.

But you KNOW that this summer I'm going to go through every piece of paper in this house!!!

16. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Apr 13, 2010

Ahhhh.... Tuesday, hasn't been a bad day at all. We're having to protor the third grade teachers administer Bench Mark Exams this week so I was in a third grade classroom for three hours this a.m. I sure hated being out of my classroom because I have so much to do before school is out!

Fajatas for dinner and I'd found some peach/pineapple/chipoltle salsa which was HOT but delicious. It was nice enough that we ate outside on the patio. We have the hammock out so I spent about an hour unwinding there. The weather is perfect here!

I've been back and forth between computers this afternoon. I made my husband a Face Book acct. last night and I'm amazed at how much he's enjoying it, really shocked. He's in the bedroom on the desk-top while I've been in the den on the lap-top.

Can't believe the evening has gone by so fast!

17. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Apr 13, 2010

Alice, I know the feeling!!!! And, I know you'll go through every paper too!!! LOL

18. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Apr 13, 2010

What a great way to spend spring break. Going to an art museum with an art teacher just would be the best experience in the world.

19. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 13, 2010

I had a long exhausting day. It didn't help that when I got home I read the "algebra for everybody" thread. I work for a bank now, and well, I just won't say any more than that. *sigh*

I'm waiting for the last bedtime so I can collapse.

20. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Apr 13, 2010

Must have been the day for losing things. My students are reading poems they wrote for their parents next week and they seem to have completely disappeared. I think one of the kids was "helping" clean up my desk. :unsure: They'll have to write them again tomorrow-I know they'll turn up right after they finish the new set.

I volunteered to attend a Teacher Focus Group for an hour and a half after school, which could have been really effective except several teachers made it more of a gripe session-no solutions, just complaints. Then I got totally lost on the way home. My dog is having stomach issues and my house smells terrible. I did take her to the park for a walk and she was so excited to find a golf ball-carried it around for a 1/2 hour.

I guess I should take a lesson from her about enjoying the little things! ;)

21. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 13, 2010

I had to deal with a lost something as well today. I can't explain because of confidentiality rules, but it was a headache for sure. Its one of the reasons I'm so tired.

22. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 13, 2010

I wasn't feeling well this morning, so I didn't eat anything. I did take my medication--that needed to be taken on a full stomach--which made me really sick. I had to leave my class near the end of the first period, and I made it through one more hour before having to go home sick. Ugh. I spent half the morning in the bathroom and the afternoon in bed.

I felt better when I woke up, and I went to school or a meeting and then went with my mom to pick up her new car. She hasn't driven since 2003. She's excited.

23. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 13, 2010

Looooong day at school, left right at 4pm. That NEVER happens, but I just needed a 'me' evening. But then I had to stop for gas and got hit up by some guy trying to sell car wax and had to listen to his spiel even though my gas was done pumping. Then I finally got him away from the car and some other guy from the station came up and pointed out all the chips in my window and offered to fix them by calling my insurance. He assured me it would only take 5 minutes. 45 minutes later, my chips were fixed and I was peeved. I ran my original errand, realized one of the chips WASN'T filled in and went back because I knew my insurance wouldn't pay a second time for it. Finally got back on the road only to find NONE of the stores in the area carry curtain rod end-caps that fit the rods I just bought off Craigslist. So now I have two useless rods and had to re-buy rods that had balls on the end instead of the ugly ones I thought I could fix. Finally headed up north and got my favorite pasta from a faboo Italian restaurant about 30 minutes away. Just finished while watching American Idol-can't wait for GLEEEEEEE!!! Then it's more painting-hoping to finish the last coat tonight!!

24. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010

This sounds delicious. Did you buy it? What brand?

I sat outside for awhile directly after car duty, then finished covering up every single sign in the classroom. Testing day tomorrow. Walls look so barren.

I need to go to bed now!

25. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010

My Tuesday
    Since Granddaughter is visiting her mom in KS I am babysitting a 2 year old hemophilic boy, his mom is kind of flakey, My DIL and the mom are "out in the field" for a week (Marines version of camping) and son had to work.

My son is used to a well behaved 5 year old girl, so he is not doing well with him, also I have had some Early Ed training, the kid is very age appropriate in his behaviors (not to my son's liking) (was this what I meant when I told him "Wait until you have kids of your own LOL) and since I am used to middle schoolers I had it made in the shade.

He didn't want to go to bed but since "grandpa" (he calls me grandpa) said "go to bed" he went but did cry, I told him "the more you cry the less you'll pee" and he realized "grandpa" was not a push over :thumb: :)

26. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010

Just don't hang your head out the car window

27. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Apr 14, 2010

Terrible day......
    heard last night that my dog's cancer is back and really there's nothing we can do....we don't know how much longer he'll be around. My children are devastated. He's only 4. I could not get him out of my head all day.....fought back tears all day...

A student had a melt down and I got called a "meanie poopie head!" Principal had to remove student after I sent the rest of the class next door. She sat in the room and was very disruptive, saying, "yeah, whatever!" "I don't have to!" "La! La! La!" Child lunged and hit at classmates as they tried to evacuate the room. She then went around and knocked all pencil caddies and books off the desks. Principal brought her back less than one hour later because she was so polite in the office.

A parent emailled and asked that I change the grade on a first grade spelling PRE TEST. I marked it wrong because the u looked like a w since the tail went all the way up to the middle "belt line" so it looked like a w to me! Come on! It's a first grade spelling PRETEST!!!!

All in all, a sucky day

28. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010

So sorry about your dog. We have a 13 year old dog we should probably put down. It is so hard to make the decision! I sympathize with what you are going through.

29. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Apr 14, 2010

I'm on Spring Break, too! My sister in law is here from Colorado trying to help figure out what to do with her father. I've posted enough about my FIL with Alzheimer's so basically, things got worse and now she's here - she's a superhero type and is ironing everything out.

I spent HOURS in my daughters' bedroom sorting toys from clothing. I found out that about 75% of the mess in their room is clothing. So, they have too much clothing and I have a plan. 11 outfits each. Is that crazy? Donate the rest.

Tonight I had week 6 of my lifestyle intervention meetings. I'm having a hard time making (keeping) a commitment to exercise every day. I know what I have to do:get up earlier and do it before doing anything else. But I dread that, I really love to sleep...

30. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 14, 2010

I had a wonderful Tuesday. My guy took us for a drive to hike up a mountain in our hometown. We had our dog with us too and at the top of the mountain he proposed! This Tuesday I got engaged, so it was a fantastic one for me!

31. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2010

I can hear "Climb every mountain....."
    Congrats

May your joys be as deep as the ocean and your sorrows as light as its foam.

May the romance never end

32. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 14, 2010

Thanks Irish Dave!

33. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2010

It was a great day yesterday...we walked what felt like the whole city...Saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, some murals, mosaics, had lunch in a French bistro http://www.parc-restaurant.com/ on Rittenhouse Square, ran the steps up to the museum (a la Rocky!) Fun, fun...my friend is an excellent tour guide. I don't know how she keeps so much information in her head!!