So I had to resign from my job..

Discussion in 'General Education' started by renrupa2u, Apr 24, 2020.

  1. renrupa2u

    renrupa2u Guest

    Apr 24, 2020

    ..because I'm officially relocating to California for my fiance to get his phD! I wrote on here a few weeks ago how this might be a possibility and I was having trouble finding art teaching jobs (I'm coming from Ohio; I am in my 6th year teaching art here). I have been able to find a few..I have applied for 17 so far! The day we found out I immediately started the process to transfer my credential. Turns out CA doesn't even accept my Praxis so I have to redo everything. I have done everything but actually send in the application and get the fingerprints because it has to be on their specific finger print card which I sent for that day and am still waiting for.
    I guess I have a few questions..there are two jobs that would be amazing and would require almost no commute..their application closing dates were the 19 and the 20 but the status says the district still has not even viewed the applications. Do you think it will be awhile before these districts actually look at the applications, especially in light of everything going on? Not sure if they're even concerned about hiring people right now, understandably so. I did have one district call me, just to ask about when I'm relocating and to make sure they had all my correct documents..that sounds promising?! And I had two charter networks ask for a phone interview! All of these would just be a muuuuuch further commute. Do you think that once these districts do see my apps, if they will even consider me, considering I still don't have the preliminary license? I just didn't want to miss the deadlines and figured I had to at least try, even without CA's credentials. Not sure how anything works in CA, besides that I haven't done this in forever!! I'd appreciate any insight/advice!! I'm veryyy excited about this but extremely sad about leaving my current job; I'd never leave it for any reason but moving..
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020
  3. Apr 25, 2020

    I found that jobs would not even consider me unless I had the exact credential they were looking for - despite the fact that my Cred was appropriate. But times are strange and I see lots of art teacher positions so , its worth a try but get that Cred asap!
  4. CaliforniaRPCV

    CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

    Dec 26, 2009
    Likes Received:

    Apr 25, 2020

    Private or charter schools might be a bit more flexible.
  5. jarahclinic

    jarahclinic Guest

    Apr 25, 2020

    Hi dear friend . Your situation is the same for me and it is better to own a business as soon as possible than to work for others.

Share This Page

Members Online Now

Total: 363 (members: 1, guests: 341, robots: 21)