So I got a new job and question about resignation letter

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tchr4evr, Jul 8, 2014.

1. tchr4evr

tchr4evr Companion

Jul 8, 2014

So,

I posted back in June about how my P took my theatre program away and basically tossed me out with the trash. He also promised me honors, which he isn't giving me, and public speaking which he isn't giving me. So, anyway, I've looked, interviewed, and applied, and now I have a new and better job! I hate to leave my kids--which is the reason I've stayed so long--but I know it will be better for everyone in the long run.

So anyway, in my resignation letter, which I'm keeping short and sweet, should I ask when would be good to come to the school to get my things (I need keys to get into my cabinets), or should I send that in a separate email after the letter is sent?

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 8, 2014

Congratulations! I knew you'd wind up on top. Perhaps you should get your things before sending in the letter, or walk the letter in to the office yourself?

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 8, 2014

Check your contract first. In my state we are very close to the date where you can resign without the possibility of your old district holding your license if they choose to be so ruthless.

Can your custodians get you keys? If so, I would just bypass the principal for this.

Congrats on the new job!

5. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 8, 2014

If you have time to officially put in your resignation why not shoot your P and email about coming in this week to get some stuff to plan and that you need your cabinet keys.

Then a few days after officially give you resignation letter in.