So I followed up...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by peaches9686, May 24, 2010.

1. peaches9686

peaches9686 Rookie

May 24, 2010

I just called the P that I interviewed with a little over a week ago. I wrote down what I had to say and she knew who I was when I said my name. I told her I was calling to follow up on the position. I asked what the status of the position was. She said "Well we are still in the interview process and it looks like we won't have anything this year." and then she said " thanks for calling but I actually have to go".

I'm feeling kind of down, especially since I thought the interview went well although it was my first teaching interview.

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 24, 2010

Don't give up hope. This time of year Principals don't have time to talk. This still might happen.

4. Baliboy74

Baliboy74 Rookie

May 24, 2010

so they are interviewing for a position that they are openly saying that they won't have?

i'll contain my comments about principals so as not to sound rude

5. peaches9686

peaches9686 Rookie

May 24, 2010

Well it's an internal position and my current supervisor's daughter is an aide at the school.. So I know for a fact that there are about 3 positions open... but I'm thinking the P doesn't know that I know this info.

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 24, 2010

Its actually not an uncommon thing t interview people so you have a pool of candidates you like and hire from there.

To the OP- hugs, but don't give up If people choose to transfer into these positions, then there should be openings eventually. And you are probably right that the P doesn't know that you know what's going on. But things could change very quickly, so don't lose hope!

7. peaches9686

peaches9686 Rookie

May 24, 2010

Well I'm done feeling down about it. I am emailing schools and other Principals to find out about possible openings. I am looking for jobs in Therapeutic schools for children with disabilities.. specifically Autism. So far I have emailed about 10 schools and have heard back from 3 wanting me to email my resume. =)

8. newbie23

newbie23 Comrade

May 24, 2010

I would go ahead and attach your resume to these emails. This way they aren't trying to pull information from you, you've already given it to them.

Just a thought. Good Luck!

9. peaches9686

peaches9686 Rookie

May 25, 2010

Thanks for the thought! It's a good one! haha I should have thought about that before sending out those emails! But I am visiting a school that I am very interested in this Thursday!!! The assistant P has been emailing me about it all day and wants me to come in asap. I feel very good about this one! :)