So frustrated! Just need to vent!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by sammyrams, Jul 16, 2009.

1. sammyrams

sammyrams Companion

Jul 16, 2009

I as many of you are waiting for phone calls back from districts we have interviewed with. I was told they would be making their decision today and we would get notified. So, I waited until 3PM and no phone call. So, I emailed a follow up to check the status of the process. I got a phone call back and said due to references of people not being able to be contacted or returning phone calls the process is going to be delayed. One of the references has to be an administrator. Ok, so as we know many administrators have time off in the summer or are in and out of the office erratically. So how do they really expect to get in contact with these people in a timely fashion? Don't say you will make a decision by a certain time of you clearly can't possible do it. Don't they realize they are causing us teachers a ton of undue stress waiting for these stupid phone calls? Why do we need letters of recommendation of they are not going to use those? One of my letters is from an administrator they are trying to get in contact with! GRRR! This is just a very frustrating process and should really be told about in one of our first classes to become a teacher. If I would have known that interviewing and all of the hoops, bells, and whistles that have to be gone thru just to get a job would have been like this, I would have never chosen this field. I think I am done! This is getting ridiculous. I have put in 5 years and gotten not a lot of out it but RIF letters and stress.

Sorry for the long and rambling vent session, but I am aggravated with the whole dang process!

3. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 16, 2009

Aww. I hope you hear soon.

We were told to make sure to have summer contact information for all of our references to help this process. Hard when people are on vacation though.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2009

Oh, sammy- so sorry for your frustration...I don't know how anyone enters this profession and thinks it's going to be easy to find a job...it's competitive at best. There are many, many hoops, bells and whistles associated with public education- get used to it and make your peace with it.

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 16, 2009

Sorry for the turn of events. But you are not out of the running and you may be the applicant that they are waiting to hear something back on in which case you may get a call back soon saying... WELCOME ABOARD. I sincerely hope so!

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2009

It's actually good news that they are still trying to make contact with your refs. They could have just given up on you and moved on to the next person.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2009

Because anyone can borrow-- or make up-- some letterhead and type their own letter of recommendation. So the phone call confirms what was written in the letter, when the letter writer had the time to put his thoughts in order.

Hang in there!!

8. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 16, 2009

I am sorry you are feeling so frustrated!

9. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 16, 2009

I really don't think "they" realize the stress that we are put through. They are busy and you are just someone on their to do list. All this while we wait holding our breath for the phone to ring. Soooo stressfull!