SO confused!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by cymru3, Jun 26, 2015.

1. cymru3

cymru3 Rookie

Jun 26, 2015

I have interviewed 3 separate times with different people for the one job, the last of which was with the principal. I was contacted by the school today to be told that I'm their selected candidate for the position, and that they will be forwarding my details to the central office for a final interview.

Is this the board interview that I've read so much about on here? What does this usually entail? I thought that the P interview would be the final step so I feel a little confused! I will ask on Monday when the central office contacts me, of course, but would love some feedback on here to set my mind at ease over the weekend!

3. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Jun 26, 2015

The Board usually approves everything. It's just a formality. You got the job :)

Oops I read too fast!
    Did he tell you you were definitely the selected candidate?
    If he meant Board meeting, they just have to approve your employment.
    A final interview, I guess ,is another interview. I read that wrong the first time ...:sorry:

4. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jun 26, 2015

For my district, "central office" in this context would mean HR. That would mean as long as everything checked out, HR would approve you for the job. If this is a large district, as mine is, it is probably a formality. If it is a small district, then I'm not sure what it means to be honest. Good luck, though.

5. cymru3

cymru3 Rookie

Jun 26, 2015

It's a little confusing...they say I'm being forwarded to the final step of the process as their selected candidate, then that the central office will schedule a final interview. I guess it means the school has suggested me as 'their pick' but HR gets the final say?

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2015

In my district, the final interview at HR is to get the paperwork completed, fingerprint, discussions about benefits, pay, etc. Hope this is the same thing in your district!

7. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jun 27, 2015

In my district this would mean "come fill out the paperwork, so we can pay you." Good luck.

8. cymru3

cymru3 Rookie

Jun 27, 2015

Thanks for the reassurance! I think it's the word 'interview' which is throwing me off.

9. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jun 28, 2015

I have a feeling you got the job. Going through HR means you're getting processed and you need to go there for processing, fingerprints, etc. Fingers crossed that this is it :)

10. cymru3

cymru3 Rookie

Jul 2, 2015

For future reference...you guys and girls were all correct, it's more of a formality and a paperwork visit than anything else. I go in on Monday. So excited!

11. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 2, 2015

Congrats on your new job!

12. greendream

greendream Cohort

Jul 2, 2015

I'm pretty sure this means you're in. The final interview may be with the superintendent like mine was. If this is the case, then the super is mostly just meeting, greeting, and rubber stamping you. Congrats! :D