So angry at my school bookkeeper

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 15, 2009

My school bookkeeper is notorious for giving out misinformation, forgetting about important dates, losing forms you turn in to her, etc. etc. So I should have known that when she sent out an email about a paydate change I should have ignored her. Turns out she as wrong. Again.

We're usually paid on the 28th, once a month. This month she said we'd be paid on the 15th. I went ahead and paid a slew of bills. Now the 15th is here and no check. I emailed her. She had the dates wrong. It's still the 28th. So now I have 2 weeks with zero funds. I was trying to be responsible by paying off a bunch of bills and now I'm stuck :( I fly home Wed and I have no money :( UGH!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is that my car broke down Friday. Now I have that to deal with when I get back. I need a summer job!!! :(

Thanks for letting me vent.

3. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Jun 15, 2009

Wow! That sounds like the COMPLETE opposite of our bookkeeper! She is the most organized person I know. That really stinks that she messed things up--I wonder what made her even think they'd change the pay date?? Ours has probably been the same since the dawning of time and I don't think it'd be something they'd change lightly....hmm well good luck, I hope everything works out for you. Is there some way you could contact the company you wrote the check to and have them hold it or something?

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 15, 2009

I paid with my debit card, so I can't change it.

My district is funny with checks. They've changed the paydate once or twice before. They usually bump it up by 2 weeks. This time they were supposedly changing the paydate because we're getting a furlough taken out. It stinks when they do that because then we go 6 weeks without a check. I despise getting paid every 4 weeks. It's hard enough, and then they pull stunts like this. I just really hope I can find a summer job. I can't find any openings.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 15, 2009

That stinks.

I feel your pain- my last check was May 29th and I will not be paid again until August 31st. I have about $2400 which is just enough to pay for my July and August mortgage and car payments. Actually, that is a tad bit short ($60). Luckily I do have a summer job, however, I was promised more hours but instead they hired the owner's son's girlfriend, ammended the schedule and CUT my hours. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad!!!!!!!!! I am acutally working less hours this summer :mad: However, it will still get me an extra $800 by the end of the summer, which, hopefully, will pay for my phone, cable, electricity, gas, water, food and gas for my car. It will be very tight!

Oh, and the girl is worthless. I think this may be her first job. She doesn't do what she is supposed to and leaves with a mess. I came in after her the other day to food wrappers, 3 open cans of pop, papers everywhere, random post-its with strange messages that I couldn't decipher, etc... There are 2 garbage cans under the desk. You wouldn't think it would be so hard!
    I hope she doesn't last. She is very stuck-up, too.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 15, 2009

What a bummer that happened to you, but knowing her history of absentmindedness & disorganization, I wouldn't have done any bill paying so fast yet.

My payday's ALWAYS on the 9th, but if payroll told us otherwise & I really needed to pay some bills, I'd confirm w/ more than 1 person in the payroll dept & even then, I wouldn't be so fast to spend.

7. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 15, 2009

The fault really does fall partway on me for trusting the bookeeper's emails. Oh well, live and learn. I'm headed out in a bit to try my hand at some waitressing applications. Hopefully I can start immediately after coming back from visiting family.