So… what are you looking forward to this summer?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by geoteacher, Jun 27, 2021.

1. geoteacher

geoteacher Devotee

Jun 27, 2021

With restrictions easing and many being fully vaccinated, what are you looking in by forward to this summer?

We are just so excited to be able to see family again. We aren’t comfortable with a great deal of travel yet, but we will spend some time on the north shore of Lake Superior thus month, and then we will go to see our daughter in Pasadena in August.

3. whizkid

whizkid Groupie

Jun 27, 2021

Movie theaters.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2021

I’m going on my first overnight trip since summer 2019. I’m headed from Kentucky to Pennsylvania today. I’m visiting Gettysburg, Hershey, and Philadelphia. It will be my first time visiting Gettysburg and Hershey. I was six years old when I last went to Philly, so I’m excited to go again.

DH and I would like to take a trip this summer, but we may wait and go in December. We will both be retired by then.

5. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2021

Seeing friends and family tops my list. While I was incredibly thankful for video calls, it just isn't the same as being in person and doing activities together.

6. Jens Irving

Jens Irving Rookie

Jul 1, 2021

I am looking forward to see my dad (we haven't seen each other for 2 years now) and to finally meet his fiancee. He met her through some dating platform senior dating canada last summer and they gonna get married in two months. I am also very excited about his wedding day where I will see my whole family together again.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  7. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2021

Mostly just being able to go out and do social things again without worrying about it. I had to reign it in some, because I wanted to do "all the things" and was spending way too much money!

I will be visiting family in my hometown for the first time since Christmas 2019. I'm excited to see them, but honestly a big part of me didn't mind not having to travel during the past year. It's a lot of stress and I don't like to leave my pets.