Sniper executed

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Major, Nov 10, 2009.

1. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Nov 15, 2009

People are more than welcome to go and live in any of those counties. However, in the USA it is legal, and as such it is not considered murder.

If people in the US don't agree, they will ban together and change it. That is the American way.

Too many muderers are given life in prison, only to kill a guard, or to get out on a technicality that has nothing to do with their innocence. He had his chance for appeal. They were all denied. He had his chance to request clemancy. It was denied. He was legally executed, not murdered. There is a difference.

2. CanukTeacher

CanukTeacher Comrade

Nov 15, 2009

Definately a difference of opinion based on cultural norms. I certainly don't agree with the death penalty under any circumstance. This is one area where my opinion is fairly similar to the EU. It does amaze me that this thread isn't considered "political".

3. Major

Major Connoisseur

Nov 15, 2009

It's not political at all......:confused::confused::confused:

A murderer was executed according to "our" laws......

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 15, 2009

Canuk-it's a difference in what's legal in one country versus another. There are people on both sides of the issue in both Canada and the US (and probably most of the countries cited in one of the earlier posts). It's okay to disagree- and as RainStorm mentioned, citizens in the US have the right to speak their opinions and work to change laws with which they disagree.
    I can respect a difference of 'cultural norms'. I respect that we will not always agree on all issues. I don't have respect, however, for repeated 'bashing' of a country's 'cultural norms', practices, and laws. That seems to be a recurring theme with some.