Sneak A Peak Brochure

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teachling, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 21, 2013

We have this going on tomorrow night and it's been such a busy week already that I haven't been able to think through on the info I would like to pass on to parents in the form of a newsletter or brochure. I was wondering if anyone cares to share what they've done in the past. I know that I'll include a very brief about me and comments about our upcoming 5th grade year. I'm wanting to include a section on expectations for fifth grade. I would like to say something about that 5th grade is very critical for students to be prepare to move to middle school and that part of the process is for them to pass state assessment.

I wish I would have had more time to reflect on this but it is what it is and so I'm hoping to put something like a flyer to give to the parents tomorrow. Appreciate your ideas.

3. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 22, 2013

Since I posted this late last night, I'm bumping it up. I'm wanting to make sure to include basic things such as contact info, drop off/release time, recess, lunch, conference and bus info. I'm also including links to school info as well as mode of communication between school and home campus wide. I want to just do basic and not get into discipline stuff just yet. What else should I include?

4. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps parents would be interested in some of the topics their kids will be studying this year.