Snapshot "photo frame"

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Jul 16, 2009

I have asked my incoming students to bring in 1-3 pictures from summer vacation when they come to open house or the first day of school. I am planning on using these pics as idea starters for writing class. However, I want to create a wall display on "how I spent my summer vacation." (Kids were told they can draw pics if they don't have a camera.)

I THOUGHT I could buy a set of paper "photo frames" to put around these pics so we could quickly slap them up on the wall at open house, but I found nothing at my local teacher supply store. Has anyone seen anything like this that I could order? I saw one bb set in a teacher resourse catalog but it had a variety of sizes, and I don't think it would have enough in one bb set for my whole class, and I'm too poor to spend $25 for 2 sets of paper picture frames.

3. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jul 16, 2009

Check out scrapbooking stores. If you have a store that allows people to come in and work, they probably have a die cut machine. You would have to buy the paper from them, but they will then let you cut it into the frame shape.

Great idea! I may just steal it!

4. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Jul 16, 2009

I don't know of a store in my area that does that, but since I've never scrapbooked in my life there may be one that I just don't know about!

Would there be anything like this already precut in the scrapbooking supplies in a Hobby Lobby store, do you think?

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 16, 2009

Hobby Lobby was going to be my suggestion.

6. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jul 16, 2009

Is there an Ellison cut out of a frame? Then you could make your own out of construction paper.

7. 2tired2teach

2tired2teach Companion

Jul 16, 2009

how about the foam ones that they sell in crafts at Hobby Lobby or Walmart.

8. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Jul 16, 2009

FYI...I found just what I needed at a different teacher supply store. $5.99 for 36 assorted frames. YAY!!!