Smiley face bulletin board

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by mojo, Aug 15, 2007.

1. mojo

mojo Rookie

Aug 15, 2007

I'm stumped! I have this great smiley face theme going on in my classroom. I have 4 boards to fill and three of the four are done but I would like one more with this smiley face theme. Here's what I have so far: Smiles are Contagious(I add a smiley face with something that someone did for another student that made him smile), We're Happy to Help(Lists the jobs), Smile, God Loves You(Catholic School - the poster and border match!) and ?!?!?!?

I saw a catchy phrase somewhere that said Something to Smile About but all I could think of was to take pictures of the kids and do something with them like put their faces in smiley faces. The smiles are contagious is rather bare right now so I really didn't want another half bare bulletin board if I could help it. Any other ideas would be fantastic. I've looked as much as I could tonight about this theme and really hit a roadblock! Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated!!!:)

3. BASAM

BASAM Comrade

Aug 18, 2007

For your wow board --"face it this is good work"

4. mojo

mojo Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

That is a good one! Thanks for the idea!

5. mom&teacher

mom&teacher Companion

Aug 21, 2007

Something to Smile About: I do a board called the "Brag Board" and I use it as the students writing porfolio. On the first day of school I take a picture of each student and put it at the top of a large construction paper. Every month I add a piece of writing to it that the student did. At the end of the year I fold the paper in half and the student can look through the work in it and take it all home.

Here is a picture of it!
    [​IMG]

6. mojo

mojo Rookie

Aug 22, 2007

Another great idea! Thanks for sharing it!

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2007

Love the letter font on the brag board!!