SmartBoards

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by KLSSwimmer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jan 28, 2010

Hey All! My school has two SmartBoards. We have one computer with the software installed for each SmartBoard. However, I would like to install the software on my school's laptop. When I went to the Smartboard website to download the software, it said that I needed a serial numbrer for the SmartBoard. So, I went to the boards and neither one has a serial number (they are both covered up with a non-removal property tag), and no one at our school has the numbers written down - don't even get me started.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't view or create any lessons on the SmartBoard until I can get the software. Any ideas? Anyone got a serial number I can borrow - they can be loaded up to fifteen times - (haha, just kidding).

3. SaraFirst

SaraFirst Cohort

Jan 28, 2010

I was able to download a thirty day trial version to experiment with before I got my software. Maybe you could try that.

4. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jan 28, 2010

I have exhausted all of my 30 day trials (and every email address that I own) Thanks for the info

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jan 28, 2010

Sounds like it's time for a new e-mail address!

6. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jan 28, 2010

Well I have used about 10 of them so far. I'm getting tired of having to do this (I have even created e-mail addresses just for this!). I'm just wondering if there is another alternative.

7. wrice

wrice Habitué

Jan 28, 2010

They covered the serials with property tags? Are you kidding? Duh!!!
    I'd go to the local vendor or the district tech rep.

8. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 29, 2010

Someone in admin should have the numbers somewhere. Geez... you'd think that since you're trying to do something great for the kids someone would help you out.

9. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jan 29, 2010

It wasn't bought by my school but by our school's PTO. They don't understand the importance of it, so I am kind of up the creek without a paddle. If I could just borrow a serial number from somebody else. GRRRR

10. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 29, 2010

You should have a software CD. It's a one-time download-you don't need the CD every time. All you need to install is Smart Notebook.

11. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Jan 30, 2010

Driving Pigeon is right. That CD should have the number you need on it. If not you can get the number from you district technology department.

12. prinjess82

prinjess82 Rookie

Jan 31, 2010

I am the smart Board trainer at my school. It is not as simple as letting you borrow a serial number. Thise serial numbers are dependent on the district. They are only allowed a certain number of users on that same serial number...all within the district. If someone gives you their serial number then their distirct is essentially paying for your software. I am not allowed to give the number to anyone, even in my district. :)

That said, who installed the software for the two boards you have? There should be a product disc and technology should have that product key number. Who ever installed the software and smart boards had to put that number in. You can also go to smarttech.com to costumer service and they may be able to get your distict product key. Hope this all makes sense...good luck!!