Smartboard Research

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Miss Kirby, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 4, 2007

I REALLY want a Smartboard in my classroom. I used it in student teaching, and it was such a powerful tool. The only way I could see myself getting one right now is doing this Smartboard Research Project. I'm having a little difficulty trying to figure out how to put together this study when it's just me. It seems like a lot of people observed other teachers, or had another teacher observing them to record data. I don't know how I could do this when it's just me, and just my classroom. I could do a certain assessment and compare results, but I only have one class, so I couldn't compare their results to anything. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could make this work??

http://www.smarterkids.org/research/index.asp

3. TeachGrade1

TeachGrade1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2007

What if you got a team of teachers together to do the project. If you ended up getting a smart board, it could be a traveling system. You could all share the system. We have a few traveling smart boards at my school. It's very nice to have them and they are super easy to set up.

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 4, 2007

Maybe. I don't know if they'd be interested, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

5. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Aug 4, 2007

I'm so glad you asked this question. I haven't ever used a smartboard but would love to have one and know that my school could never afford it. I am going to check out the site that you listed. Thanks! and good luck getting one for your room!

6. KRaeLamb

KRaeLamb Rookie

Aug 4, 2007

Have you ever tried asking your county/district? Sometimes there is money around for things like this.......no hurt in asking.
    (PS-if you have a child with learning disabilities and/or behavior disorders your special ed. department would be a good place to start looking for funds!)

7. dust bunny

dust bunny Rookie

Aug 4, 2007

SmartBoards are fantastic! I hope you are successful in getting one for your school. Every classroom in the school I taught at the past 2years had one. I am changing to a new district this year and they do not have SmartBoards and I am really going to miss having one. I know that my old district got an E Grant to afford purchasing the SmartBoards.

8. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 4, 2007

This sounds like an interesting idea. :) I would love to have one to share with others. The teacher next door does have one, too, from a grant called E2T2.