Smartboard questions from a novice

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jenlovestoteach, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Jan 31, 2008

JUST got a SmartBoard in my room today... I know how to navigate with my finger and have the kids play interactive games. I want to know

a) Is there an intro tutorial video or something I can watch to refresh my memory on all the buttons, features, etc.?

b) Must I create a document in Notebook in order to be able to use the "markers" to write and then translate that handwriting into typed text? How do I do that?

c) What's your favorite website with activities?

Thanks!! I'd love to use this with the kids tomorrow, but I couldn't figure out how to write on the screen and then have it translated to text, which I think is a great feature.

3. Bonnie gr. 2

Bonnie gr. 2 Companion

Jan 31, 2008

If you go to smarttech.com you should be able to find a tutorial. To get your writing to turn into text, write then tap on the writing. A dialog box pops up with choices. Make sure your writing is neat. You might not want to write too much before you do this--in case it has trouble reading your writing. You can write on other pages, too. Often the writing will disappear if you move the page up or down. You need to do a screen capture and put it in notebook. This is would be confusing the first day.

You can find lessons through the company. When you open the notebook page, you will see a Gallery tab. I don't have it in front of me to tell you more. You can also find things on the internet. In a search engine, type in Smartboard AND whatever the topic. You will find lessons that have been designed by others.

Good luck and enjoy!

4. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Feb 1, 2008

oops

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Feb 3, 2008

Their website has lots of tutorials. SmartTech Training Center

Nope. Check the tutorials. That wasn't in the basic class, but we got that in the advanced class.

I mostly make my own, but I do like Brain Pop for interactive activities.