Smart Boards and Student Response system

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tracytracy, May 26, 2010.

1. tracytracy

tracytracy New Member

May 26, 2010

Who uses Smart boards or similar? Do you like them? Are they worth the money? Also, we are looking into Student response systems... handheld "clickers" students vote/answer questions and results are tallied (graded) right away... seems very cool... anyone use these? what brand do you like/dislike?? THOUGHTS??? :eek::eek:

3. gottagoodgig

gottagoodgig Companion

May 26, 2010

I have a Smartboard and LOVE it. I don't exactly know how much it cost...but I use it daily and think that it's a wonderful tool for reaching kids in a way that traditional means may not. My students look forward to Smartboard time, are engaged, love to show what they know, etc. There are a ZILLION awesome activities, lessons, websites, etc. to support virtually any subject, skill, theme, etc.

Coupled with my document camera, I can't imagine teaching without this technology!

We do have a student response system (1 for the school) that we could check out and use. I have never used it....

Good luck!

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

May 26, 2010

Everyone in our school has a SmartClassroom. It comes with a SmartBoard, projector, computer & internet, document camera, audio enhancement system, student responders, wireless slate, presentation remote, printer, and VCR/DVD player & cable.

I love it! This was my third year with a SmartClassroom and my fourth year with a SmartBoard. My clickers are starting to wear out. I haven't had enough to use a full classroom set all year, and I've been lost without them. I hope to get new ones over the summer.