Hello Friends! Today was supposed to be my very first visit with my brand new high-risk OB/GYN. I am 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. I have experienced 2 miscarriages and am always anxious before the appointments. I went to my original OB/GYN 2 weeks ago! She did an ultrasound and we heard and saw a beautiful baby and a heartbeat. This was especially special since we never had heartbeats with the losses. Due to the fact that I am overweigh, my OB referred me to a high risk doctor! So, after getting home from the initial ultrasound two weeks ago I call the new doctor. The office does not take my insurance anymore. So, back to original OB I call and get yet another referral -- this time to a doctor about 30 miles away. Realizing that it's likely difficult to find a high-risk doctor, I make an appointment for today at 10:45 AM! My dear husband schedules the morning off from work and we drive the trek to the new office! We sit in the waiting room and I fill out the slew of paperwork gladly, hoping SO much that we'll have the opportunity to hear that precious heartbeat again. After about 20 minutes a nurse calls us in. Blood pressure.. weight measurement.. the usual. She leaves and lets us know that the OB will be in shortly! So excited! 10 minutes later the office manager walks in and lets us know that the OB we're scheduled to see is not high risk. She has no idea why my original OB referred me here, as she's never been a high risk OB. So, the office manager gives us another doctor's name. We call him on the car ride home and that doctor's office staff informs me that the OB reviews each patient's case before accepting a new patient. Therefor, I need to fax my information over. Back to original OB we drive to fill out a release form. At this point I am feeling frustrated and overwhelmed and wholly disappointed with original OB for referring us to an OB who is not high-risk! We fill out paperwork at original OBs and I let them know as kindly and as gently as possible that they referred me to an OB who is not, in fact, high risk. I left out the part about the long drive, husband taking needless time off from work, the inconvenience, etc. The office staff person replies, "Okay." At this point my pregnancy hormones are in full swing and I, who am usually verrrrry slow to anger, feel the need to pull this woman's eyebrows out I take a few deep breaths and ask if she could kindly fax the paperwork/records ASAP and she said "I can't make any promises. It usually takes 48 hours." I smile and turn and leave. So now I am waiting for original OB to fax records to new high-risk OB who will then decide if he wants to take my case. Fun times. So So So glad it's summer break. Thanks so much for reading and so sorry for the long ramble/vent. I hope the new OB will wish to take my case and he can see me ASAP and we see and hear the heartbeat again! Trying to stay focused and positive.