small boxes?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by PinkLily, Jun 4, 2007.

1. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Jun 4, 2007

I am planning on doing a cute Father's Day gift with my students next week, but I need a small box for each kid. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could find 24 small boxes?

3. Jame

Jame Comrade

4. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Jun 4, 2007

I definitely need a box, not a bag. I thought about using a cube pattern and making it into a box. That may just be what I end up doing. I would rather use boxes that were already made and fairly sturdy, but that may not be possible.

5. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 4, 2007

Do you have a PaperShack or Hobby Lobby or Michael's nearby? I believe any of the three of them carry white gift boxes in a range of sizes beginning around the ring box size and going up from there. I also think that they are very reasonably priced.

6. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jun 4, 2007

mini cereal boxes. I believe they come in packs of multiples.

7. Jame

Jame Comrade

Jun 4, 2007

Pamela, sorry that I wasn't more help. :) Sorry if I misunderstood what you were looking for. Are you using the box to make the gift?This is a tough one...this time of year. Would a jewlery store have some that they might donate? Could each child be responsible to bring their own? Is there a food item that comes in the size and shape box you need? (Say candy or jello?) How sturdy does it need to be and what size? How about a paper clip box in either the large or smaller size?

Just brainstorming with you. :)

8. smile

smile Companion

Jun 4, 2007

How small? How about asking a near by shoe store for kids shoe boxes that they don't need???

9. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jun 5, 2007

We made boxes of "hugs and kisses" for Mother's Day, we ordered them from Oriental Trading... but depending on your budget and time constraints, that may not work for you.

10. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Jun 5, 2007

Dollar Tree usually sells very sturdy gift boxes, often in two-packs. Not sure if that's what you mean, they are square-ish (cube-ish) when I've purchased them in the past. Can't guarantee they stock them at this time or that your location would have them. Sorry if I'm no help!

Michael's also sells boxes to craft with--maybe look into those? Not sure the cost though.

11. michelb366

michelb366 Comrade

Jun 5, 2007

OUr 2nd grade teacher has the kids bring in Jello or Pudding mix boxes to do her crafts.

12. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 5, 2007

Wal Mart sells small sturdy boxes for 28 cents apiece. They are in the craft/sewing department.

13. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Jun 5, 2007

Thanks for all the replies. I think I have a solution. I found a toothpick box and a soap box that will work just fine. I asked the kids to look at home in the recycle for boxes that are about the same size. Jello boxes are another great idea; I hadn't thought of that one. If I am still missing some next week, I think I will go to Michael's to pick some up. Thanks again for all your responses!

14. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 5, 2007

pamela, What is the gift you are making for FAther's Day???

15. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Jun 6, 2007

I am going to have each of the kids wrap a small box and tie it up with pretty ribbon. They are then going to attach this poem to it...

This is a very special gift
    That you can never see
    The reason it's so special is
    It's just for you from me.

Whenever you are lonely
    Or ever feeling blue
    You only have to hold this gift
    And know I think of you

You never can unwrap it
    Please leave the ribbon tied
    Just hold the box close to your heart
    It's filled with love inside.

I found this idea on the internet somewhere and this is going to be the first year that I try it. One of my students said that she received a similar gift once and she brought it to school today to show me. I think that the person who made hers made it out of a tiny wooden block. It's just small, but perfect to remind dad how much he is loved. I am thinking of maybe getting tiny wooden blocks for each kid instead of small boxes. I haven't quite decided yet.

16. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 6, 2007

Very Cute! The only problem I could see is with really young children, they would insisit on opening that box!!!!!