Slowly going insane...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teacher_Lady, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Teacher_Lady

Teacher_Lady Rookie

Jul 30, 2009

I don't go back to school until Aug 20 and I am slowly losing my mind from boredom. I even took two classes for my master's degree and did a ton of reading, but I'm ready for the year to start. I want to go get my room ready, but that will only take me a day or two at the most. Am I nuts? :dizzy:

3. kacieann

kacieann Companion

Jul 30, 2009

No, I taught summer school and I am still ready to go back. I do not have any children of my own so I can get really bored during the summer. I started getting my room ready today and it was helpful getting back to a routine.:)

4. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 30, 2009

If your nuts then this forum is probably Planters mixed nuts. I think a lot of us are there with ya. I don't go back until Sept 10th and I have snuck into my room already. I want to set it up and get everything ready so bad. :blush:

5. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Jul 30, 2009

I had to move to a new classroom so I went in and packed up all of my stuff earlier in the week. I don't know that I get bored iwth summer, but I do get lazy.....

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 30, 2009

My dist starts back in less than two weeks. To me, I don't know where the summer went! There's times when I may get a little bored, but I never have this strong desire to go back to school. Ohh I tell you I'm meant to have a rich hubby to take care of me while I shop! Just kidding! :haha:

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 30, 2009

I go back next week and can't believe the summer has gone so quickly. I love being off in the summer and could use 3 more weeks!

8. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jul 30, 2009

Msmullen- hahahaha

I'm ready for school to start back up too, along with my college classes. I am ready for a routine and something for my to set my mind on besides my tan!

9. Teacher_Lady

Teacher_Lady Rookie

Jul 30, 2009

I was kept busy last summer about this time because I found out I was moving from seventh grade to eighth grade and I had to change rooms. This summer, I thought I was going to be ok because I took two classes, but a week after they were done I was climbing the walls. I think I may go to school tomorrow to work on my room, but I don't have that much to do there. I have my first department chair meeting on the 5th, and I'm really nervous about that because I have no idea what is expected. Part of me wonders what the heck they were thinking when they asked me to take over.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2009

We have another month, and I want to treasure every second of it!! I haven't been in our pool or even worn a bathing suit yet!! And once school starts, family time is greatly curtailed, so I'm not rushing the start of school!!

(And I have to mention socks. I HATE socks!!!! They're the worst part of my mommy-mornings during the schoolyear!!)

But for you: why not do something completely un-school-related??

Paint your bedroom. Do volunteer work. Plan a trip. Anything that will take your mind off school.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 31, 2009

LOL Ms. I! Believe me, you don't want a rich hubby so you could just shop. I know someone like that. She was a teacher and wanted to find someone to take care of her so she didn't have to work. She weedled her way into the life of this guy who had money. Sat at home all day and shopped. Did nothing. She got boring so the guy dumped her LOL not the way to go! Now she had to beg for her old job back because there's nobody to support her hahah

12. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 31, 2009

I felt that way about mid-summer but now that the clock is ticking out I'm thinking of all the things I was supposed to get done but didn't. I have also been back for meetings, interviewing, testing kids, etc. - I don't think I had one week of straight vacation. We are due back Monday the 10th, but I'll go in the Wed, Thurs before to set up the room and meeting Fri so I only have 5 days left! :eek:

Ms I - I don't think you were kidding - I can totally see you loving that life! Who wouldn't?

13. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2009

We have 2 weeks, 2 days until we go back. I'm not bored right now because I have a lot of projects going on - cleaning out closets, trying to catch up on scrapbooks, etc. - but my kiddos are tired of just "staying home" while I am working on those things.

Next week, the youngest one is in VBS, so we'll have something to do that gets us out of the house daily. And I need to get into my room to start working, just a bit. I will probably do that while the little one is at VBS. The week after, we are going on a half-week trip, and I'm actually working one day, so that week is going to fly.
    Kim

Kim

14. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2009

I want to add that three weeks ago, I was one of the ones posting that I was dying of boredom. As always happens, just when I settle in and start to enjoy the routine of summer....it's over, and then the transition back to school feels like it's going to kill me instead of the boredom of a month before!
    Kim

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 31, 2009

TeacherNY, yes, that's a pretty depressing story there! :haha: If I didn't have to work, but was rich, I'd take all kinds of classes to keep myself active: Probably a degree in anthropology, golf, gourmet cooking, phtography, art, etc. The listis endless & I'd like to travel! :)

KinderCowgirl, I guess you're right. Actually, It would be nice to only work about 5 or 6 mos of the year, then be off the rest of the time to travel & do other interesting things! :)