Skechers Shape-Ups

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 27, 2009

3. carlea

carlea Comrade

Sep 27, 2009

Just bought some from the fair. My husband wore his all day and said his legs & feet were tired from just all the walking, but he could already tell the shoes work because his lower back didn't hurt at the end of the day. I wore mine last night for a walk with the dogs - I think they're easy to walk in & comfy. I haven't had them long enough to see about weight loss.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 27, 2009

I saw the ad and thought they looked good. I'd like to try them. Why don't you get them and report back, too, Ms. I? LOL

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 27, 2009

I've got to think about whether I want to pay $110 for these types of shoes. How about you Upsadaisy trying it & reporting back to us! :D

(I bought those Bump-Its hair tools & reported back! ;))

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 27, 2009

Someone on this board needs to be a product tester for companies so they can get stuff to try out for free then report back LOL

7. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Sep 27, 2009

How are those working out for you? My 7 year old daughters really want them.

8. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Sep 27, 2009

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 27, 2009

I don't wear them much, but I like having them. I had returned to that thread I started. They're good.

I guess they're supposed to be. The Skechers are expensive enough!

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 27, 2009

I don't think I'd buy them unless I could get them for around $50.

11. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Sep 27, 2009

I'll have to re-read your bumpit thread.

The MBTs are $130-165!!

12. KDS

KDS Companion

Sep 28, 2009

i have 3 pairs of skecher shoes that i paid more thatn i would usually pay for shoes. totally worth it.

i would LOVE to be a product tester and nothing else. where can i sign up! LOL

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 29, 2009

Yes, I'd love to get paid to be a product tester! :D Maybe we better look into that!

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 29, 2009

I was in a cooking club that had product testsers. I got a deep fryer for free! All i had to do was fill out a little card and say if I liked it or not. I'm sure you can look it up somehow. Just watch out for scams.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 1, 2009

I really want these shoes! Maybe I'll go ahead & get them soon..that is, if I really think I'll like them after I try them on.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 27, 2009

I almost forgot I had started a thread about these shoes a while back!

How's everyone doing w/ them if you got them? I finally got mine & will try wearing them around the house first for a day or two to not wear out the sole, so just in case I want to return them, I can.

17. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 27, 2009

Have 'em, love 'em. Have walked every day in them since October.

18. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2009

19. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 27, 2009

Ughhh! I thought of this thread when I was shopping today. They were on sale for 15% off but the sale ended today...I didn't buy them:(.

czacza, do you wear them at school or do wear them when you go for walks?

20. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 27, 2009

If I go shopping tomorrow I'm going to definitely try them on. I don't know if I want to spend that much but I'm curious to see how they feel while walking in them. I would probably look for coupons or sales!

21. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 27, 2009

Glad to see this thread revived. I picked up the Dr. Scholl's version at Sears today for 49.99. They are so cute! Pink and gray-you can hardly notice the round bottom. The only problem is we can't find ANY reviews of the Dr. Scholl's version online. There is nothing on the packaging or the little insert that talks about how to walk in them (I'm assuming heel to toe?), or what they will do for my muscle tone. I'm hoping because they look like the Sketchers ones that they will work the same!

22. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 27, 2009

I wear FABULOUS shoes-mostly heels or boots with heels for teaching...Sketchers for walking, everyday at lunch with colleagues!

23. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2009

I tried a pair of them on when they first came out, and I didn't make it a lap around the store before my ankles were killing me. I'm not talking about exercise pain, but arthritis-ache type of pain. I guess it's the angle of the movement, since I can't walk on a treadmill that isn't level, and I can't wear Crocs either.

24. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2009

I'm interested in these. I wear tennis shoes most every day to work and I would wear these as well, but I worry about my knees and back--the reason I wear very supportive, quality tennis shoes to work in the first place. Keep us updated!

25. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2009

Jem, did you get these? I'm much more open to trying these at their lower price.

ETA: I really like the blue version of this shoe!
    ETA #2: They are only available for pre-order online. The site says the shoes are not released until later in January. :(

[​IMG]

26. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2009

I noticed that online too, but they are available in the stores. I think I am going to pick some up this week.

27. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Dec 28, 2009

My sister got a pair of the Sketchers ones for Christmas and wore them. She said they made the toes on her feet go numb.

28. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 28, 2009

I read about numb toes in a few reviews. Hmmm... :(

29. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 28, 2009

Not mine...:woot: My toes are quite happy....as am I, having toned up and lost 16 pounds since July. ;) I don't attribute it all to my Skechers but I'm sticking with what works!!:D

PS: Here's a video on 'how to walk' in them (kind of obvious but like anything new, it's good to be informed-scroll down on the page for the video):

http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-c...s/product/shape_ups-_metabolize/wsl/#readmore

30. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for the video, czacza! I heard the Sketchers pair comes with a dvd, which would have been helpful. I'm still nervous to wear them, as they are still returnable at this point! Ha! I think I'll break them in today.

JustMe-those are EXACTLY the ones I got! They are certainly available at Sears for 49.99 right now! And they are soooo comfortable (granted I haven't worn them for an extended period of time). They have gel in the heel and tons of support. Although my mom thought the arch could have been better and she passed.

31. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 28, 2009

I'm wearing my new ones around the house right now to get used to them. I have a month to return them (unworn).

32. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 28, 2009

How do they feel? Does it feel like you're going to trip with them on??? I'm not going shopping today because i have some serious housecleaning to do but hopefully tomorrow i can try them on!

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 28, 2009

TeacherNY, they feel good. I'm walking on carpeting, so if I can walk good on that surface, a hard floor should be even easier. So far, so good.

The DVD & booklet that comes w/ the shoes says that when you're wearing them at first to walk around for only 30-45 min to get used to them.

34. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 14, 2010

I just got some Shape-ups today and have been walking around my house in them and I love them! They're so much fun to walk in and I really could feel the burn. Tomorrow I'm going to try them on the treadmill. I got them at Kohls with my 20% code, so they were $80 instead of the $100 they usually are.

35. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 14, 2010

Update on mine: LOOOOOOOOVE them. Mom and I are wearing pedometers, so I'm tracking my steps in them. My legs have def. felt sore on certain days, and my knees started to hurt a bit at the beginning of the week-my doctor today said she was getting a lot of those complaints-but it's fine. Not sure if they are making a difference-dh says yes, but it's hard to measure! (I've had them for three weeks now)

36. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 14, 2010

I"ve said it before, I'll say it again...I'm not an athlete, I power walk every day though...Have been wearing my Skechers since October...(plus working on diet)...Yesterday I wore a pair of 'Seven' jeans to a workshop, kept 'hitching' them up all day...came home, could pull them off without unbuttoning....is it the Skechers? Probably a combo of things, but I'm sticking with what's working.

37. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 14, 2010

I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy a pair.

38. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 14, 2010

I have a bodybugg, which monitors how many calories you burn, so now at some point I want to walk on the treadmill for the same amount of time and at the same pace to see if there is a difference in the number of calories burned with the Shape-ups and with normal sneakers. Even if there is no difference I love how comfortable they are! I wish I could wear them to my part-time job at a grocery store, but we have to wear specific shoes.

39. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 14, 2010

I purchased a pair right before school started. I like them, BUT I find that if I wear them for several hours two or three days in a row, my lower back starts to ache really bad and the part of my body where my legs are attached to my hips also started aching and feeling uncomfortable.

I probably need to watch the DVD that came with them and read the instructions instead of just doing my own thing. But then again, I AM a teacher and we know EVERYTHING right? :lol:

40. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Jan 14, 2010

It's funny you posted this. My mom saw them at a local shoe carnavel store and was going to buy them, but they were $100 something dollars. She was like heck no!

41. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 15, 2010

My update:

I got mine during Christmas vacation. I wore them everyday to work the 1st wk back from vacation & no part of my body started hurting. Now I'm on my feet less than most teachers, but they felt good all day. I don't feel any burn though like some people may say they feel. It just feels like regular sneakers on a lilttle cushion.

I've worn them to the gym on the treadmill & they were just fine.

I had a severe ankle injury w/ my Achilles tendon in early 2008 & I walk better in these than in regular shoes.

I was even thinking of soon getting the Reebok Easy Tone sneakers or thongs soon also, just so I can alternate wearing those & the Shape-Ups.

Thumbs up here! :thumb: